Recieved my new M60's last night!!
#26738 12/02/03 05:12 PM
R
rdwarn Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
R
I got my M60's! First off, Axiom does an outstanding job packaging these babies. It looks like Fed Ex did their best to tear off the outter box but inner box was untouched. I got Factory Outlet M60's so the first thing I did was try and find the "blemish". Only things I found was a black dot on the side which turned out to be marker and came right off, the other "blemish" was on the back of one of the speakers on one of the tubes that come out the back...a miniscule little chip. That was it!
I hooked them up to my stereo, popped in some Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon and WOW! Truly amazing sound. These speakers just sounded better and better the louder I turned up the music. The only thing I noticed was they sounded a bit tight which may be in my head because I've been reading these boards for the last month and a half or it might be because they need some time to break in. Question: Is there a proper way to break in speakers? Should I avoid playing them to loudly right away? I've read it takes about 40 hours to break them in.

Thanks to all those who recommended these speakers...I too was very afraid to purchase speakers I never had the chance to listen to before but I certainly don't regret it!
Also, thanks to Axiom for designing some truly great speakers that I could afford. Also, anyone new reading this, the customer service at Axiom is really as good as everyone says.

Thanks Again!

Re: Recieved my new M60's last night!!
#26739 12/02/03 06:26 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
According to Ian (the speaker designer), the Axioms don't need any more than a few hours of break in time. In other words, there's no reason to baby them and treat them gently. Your brain and ears will adjust to the clean, tight bass the M60s create.

Another thing you can try if you still feel the M60s aren't bassy enough for you is to tweak their postions in the room. Toe them in a little and move them closer to and farther from the wall.

#26740 12/03/03 03:38 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Makes you feel a little stupid - admitting that you bought speakers without hearing them first - but who can argue with the result? Try Bob Marley.

#26741 12/03/03 02:31 PM
devotee
devotee
In reply to:

tweak their postions in the room. Toe them in a little and move them closer to and farther from the wall.

I cannot agree with this more. A small change in location can translate to a big improvement in sound. My 60's are about 8 feet apart, 2 feet from the rear walls, and slightly toed in.

Congrats on your purchase...you will be very happy.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup