Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34
Re: So what are you dreaming of tonight?
jakewash #287783 01/20/10 03:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You may say he's a dreamer, but he's not the only one.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #287793 01/20/10 06:02 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
Who is John Lennon.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
St_PatGuy #287935 01/21/10 03:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I hope you waved your arms around some.
That always helps a good speech.

While 1/2 asleep in a hotel last weekend, I watched part of a show on Hitler and they described how his chief mentor for all things psychic (Erik Jan Hanussen) actually trained Hitler on combining speech tones and arm gestures that he (the physicist) commonly used to 'entrance' his audience. His techniques seemed to work pretty well for Hitler, unfortunately for the rest of the world.

My point... Charles needs to find a psychic mentor who can train him to flail his arms wildly so that he gets noticed at the next Regina Spektor concert.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #287956 01/21/10 05:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
CV, you should watch the episode of The Office (U.S.) where Jim coaches Dwight on speech-making. Great episode and very on point as far as an arms waving, fist pounding speech.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #291738 02/11/10 05:42 AM
C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
OP Offline
C
Last night I dreamed I went to California with my parents, and I met up with my online friend while I was there. We met at a grocery store for some reason. She was showing off her new boyfriend while we were out in the parking lot, but he was kind of dim. Then I was inside the grocery store looking at the ice cream section. They had 5 gallon buckets of Tillamook ice cream, and there were a ton of flavors I'd never seen before. The only one I remember is Tiki Tiwi Berry Blend, since that's the one I was trying to get. Unfortunately, it was inconveniently placed, and I couldn't get into the freezer in such a way that I could pull one out. I eventually gave up.

CV #291865 02/12/10 04:08 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Two nights ago I dreamed that the worst kid I ever had in class (outside of the CYA) came back to my class - a little taller and a little older. He's been gone for at least 6 years. LOL

Worst nightmare ever.

bigwill2 #318644 08/15/10 06:08 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Last night I had a few dreams, but the only one I remember any solid details about was one where I was living in an apartment. I was sweeping and vacuuming around my entrance, and my neighbor, who turned out to be the guy who plays Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero on The Sopranos (note: I've never seen The Sopranos, so I don't know why I was dreaming about him), opened his door and ended up pressuring me to vacuum up the dirt around his entrance, too. His door remained open, and pretty soon I spotted his hot Italian daughter who was doing busy work around the place. We started some pleasant small talk, so I guess I wasn't vacuuming the whole time. I somehow got suckered into bringing the vacuum further into their apartment, but before I actually became their full-fledged maid, the daughter seemed keen to talk some more.

Unfortunately, she began to bring up her ex, who she seemed to split with amicably, and where there still might be potential to explore. Distracted by her disappointing story, I became entangled in the vacuum's hose and pulled it over, which turned it on, drowning her out. I quickly picked the vacuum up, turned it off, then tried to be cool by saying, "I guess I didn't want to hear about that other guy." She laughed, and so did her father. "This guy's funny," she said.

That's about all I remember about the dream, which ends on a pretty high note for my dreams.

CV #348814 05/20/11 02:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I had the strangest dream last night. It involved my cat. (go figure). My cat was running down and not feeling so good, so I took her to the vet, who said that she needs a tune up. He said it's easy to do this yourself, and gave me a place to contact to get the parts and instructions. I ordered these. The cost was around $500. It included a new liver (frozen), and some other odd and end parts with some plastic tubes. There was instructions on how to get to the brain by popping the face open. It was hinged there to make it easy to close again.

After reading the instructions, I decided that this wasn't a chore that I felt up to, so I went back to the vet to get him to do the job. But his winsome personality always got the better of me and I would go back home thinking that I could easily perform the job. Then when reality sunk in, I would go back to the vet. This back and forth happened about 3 times, with me feeling the new parts may be getting bad since I keep thawing them out and re-freezing them.

Weird, no?

CatBrat #348817 05/20/11 03:04 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Frankenkat.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #357259 10/22/11 05:29 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just woke up from a weird one.

This woman was trying to schmooze this man for some kind of business transaction, so she was taking him out to a high-end joint. Besides needing to get him feeling good about the deal they were making, apparently he was terminal with something, too, so she really had her work cut out for her. They were sitting at the bar, and the super-cute French girl who was serving them had rattled off several drinks, none of which impressed her. The woman excused herself for a minute to take a phone call, but only moved a couple of paces away, so the French girl was still within earshot. It was one of her colleagues on the phone, and she decided to vent a little.

"This place blows," she said to her colleague. "You know, I really just want a strawberry daiquiri."

The French girl immediately started mixing up a strawberry daiquiri. The woman noticed and said, "Oh, no, you don't have to do that. I can get a strawberry daiquiri anywhere, and it'll be much cheaper."

"It won't be like this," the French girl assured her in her cute French accent.

First off, the glass she was served was huuuuge, probably 60 ounces. The woman took a drink. "Are you kidding me?!" she exclaimed. "This has a robitussin vermouth!"

Ha ha ha ha. I think she was trying to say it had a robust something or other. Anyway, I woke up right after she said that. If you know me, you know the only alcohol I've ever had was a few sips of champagne. I wouldn't be able to describe any alcoholic beverage to save my life, so I guess it's appropriate the character in my dream would be ill-equipped as well.

Anyway, I really like that phrase "robitussin vermouth," so I may have to use it as a character name or something in my NaNoWriMo novel.

I was just commenting to a coworker earlier this week that I haven't been remembering my dreams lately, so I'm glad my brain served up this gem.

Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters