Update on this.

Speaker is still solid with my little modification, I could probably swing from it now.

As for my screen, my woman, mother and even step mother tried to surprise me with a new screen for Xmas. Wonderful idea but as you can all imagine, how were they supposed to know what to buy? So basically the surprise turned into them telling me to order it...lol. Gotta love em

But, my beloved screen material isn't made anymore. The m2500 I have is a 2+ gain with excellent viewing angle. Draper changed the formula some time ago and now it's a completely different screen. Lesser gain and crazy sparkles = no good. I got the new samples and nothing comes close to the viewing angle and color my old 2500 gives.

Anyway, I am going with the dalite high power, even though it's viewing angle sorta sucks and does't work so well with a ceiling mount but it's the closest thing to what I had. At the end of all this, the new screen costs 900 bucks, cheapest fixed frame I could get, and I have to move my projector, which means tearing up ceiling, getting more cables as mine won't reach new spot, and I'll have to redo the risers under my couches because they are too low for the sweet spot for the draper

Bottom line.....wish I had never used this fmb to mount above my screen. It would have been cheaper and easier if the screen was fine and speaker got beat up. I would hate to see my beloved Axiom's get beat up, but it's true....center channel would not have cost near as much time or money.

Some thing to think about if you are planning center channel above screen.

Any who, screen will be ordered soon, just waiting on one more sample to arrive.

Merry Xmas to all members and Axiom too

Last edited by newf; 12/16/10 01:39 AM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12