Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Axiom review at hometheaterhifi.com
Scamp #327011 10/30/10 06:30 PM
Jc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted By: Scamp
. . . Has Hometheaterhifi ever given a bad review to anything? I spent some time looking at their site and could not find a single example where they were not giving a glowing review.

Hi Scamp,

On a few occasions, I have read online articles or blogs with similar comments and it was revealed the following which I suspect would also be the case for Hometheaterhifi. When they review a product which does not perform well (based on their evaluation); they will contact the manufacturer to discuss it - resulting in the non-publication of the review.

I wonder if Alan could share his personal inside experience with us on this interesting and intriguing subject.

jc
chesseroo #327013 10/30/10 06:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Flipping a horizontal designed speaker vertical will not sound the same for sure, in some cases it can even sound better...

Did you just diss my VP150??
grin

I have one myself. Did you find it sounded better in the vertical orientation both on and off-axis?

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Jc #327017 10/30/10 07:45 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted By: Jc
When they review a product which does not perform well (based on their evaluation); they will contact the manufacturer to discuss it - resulting in the non-publication of the review.

Which is exactly why I don't bother to read publications like Hometheaterhifi. I prefer to take the time to wade my way through sites like http://www.avsforum.com/

Sure they have their trolls and fanboys but you can typically read past them and get good information. After all it lead me to Axiom!

Last edited by Scamp; 10/30/10 07:47 PM.

M22's x 3, QS8's x 4
SVS PC12-Plus, Denon 3311ci
Ear-to-ear grin? Priceless!
Scamp #327018 10/30/10 08:06 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Scamp, I think you would like the Audioholics publication as well. Their reviews are some of the most in-depth and comprehensive/critical for a media review site. They are the few that actually deconstruct the product, looking at all components including the internals examining overall build quality, perform independent measurements and listening evaluations. While most of the product they get, review well, they are not afraid to point out the flaws in a product and back it up in some sort of objective way.

P.S. I enjoy reading Ralph Potts Blu-ray disk reviews over at AVS.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #327021 10/30/10 10:55 PM
W
old hand
old hand
W
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Scamp, I think you would like the Audioholics publication as well. Their reviews are some of the most in-depth and comprehensive/critical for a media review site. They are the few that actually deconstruct the product, looking at all components including the internals examining overall build quality, perform independent measurements and listening evaluations. While most of the product they get, review well, they are not afraid to point out the flaws in a product and back it up in some sort of objective way.

P.S. I enjoy reading Ralph Potts Blu-ray disk reviews over at AVS.

+1. Audioholics is in position #1 on my bookmark bar.

Last edited by wbedford; 10/30/10 10:56 PM.

SC-05, HLT6189, Oppo BDP-93, Blue Circle Audio FX2
Axiom M2v3's, QS8v3's
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082