Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need your advise/opinion.
#33329 02/08/04 08:49 AM
twelly Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I pretty much decided to update my old speakers with Axiom speakers sight unseen, based on the good reviews that I read from different sites and a/v message boards, and because of the 30-day money-back guarantee.

Background info about my dedicated HT room:
room size: 20'x16'x11' (angled ceiling)
video: DLP HD2 projector, 110-inch screen
audio: Denon AVR-5700, energy take-5 speakers

I just need your expert opinion on the ff:
1. I'm thinking of getting the Epic 80 Home theater speakers excluding the subwoofer (M80ti, QS8, VP150). I'm just wondering if this is overkill for my room or not. I picked this one since it's the latest & greatest, had excellent reviews and hoping should be better than its predecessors. Do you think this is the right choice? I do listen to music and watch movies a lot. Money is not an issue. I just simply wanted the best for my HT room.

2. Regarding the M80ti tower speakers. I've read in the message board that it has a good bass. Do I still need to buy a subwoofer considering my room size. I was thinking of getting sub from SVS since it has excellent reviews. Haven't decided yet whether to get the cylinder or the box type. Any other recommendations? Do you know why some Axiom owners prefer to use non-axiom sub?

3. I know I've posted this question before and got positive answers. I just want to reiterate if just to be sure. I know the M80 is rated as 4-ohm speakers. Based on my research you need a good amp or receiver to drive this kind of speakers. I think my denon avr-5700 should be good enough to drive 4-ohm speakers. Do you think I won't have any problem hooking up the M80s to my denon receiver?

4. Regarding the QS8 surrounds, it was mentioned in the product description that it has dual aluminum woofers at the top & bottom. This means that I can mount this on a regular surround speaker stand. I was thinking of using the wall-mount bracket. I have a question to all QS8 owners who mounted their surround speakers using the wall-mount bracket, do you hear any vibrations? Did you put any thin layer foam (or any type of dampening material) between the bracket and your wall?

5. What type of speaker cables do you recommend for these speakers? I would appreciate if you can post or email me link to an internet site where you ordered the cables.

Well thanks in advance for any of your opinions. I can't wait to install this in my HT room soon.

-twelly

Re: Need your advise/opinion.
#33330 02/08/04 10:06 PM
twelly Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
You guys can ignore this thread. I pretty much got the answers I was looking for from axiom owners in another thread that I posted.

Thank you all for your input!

-twelly

Re: Need your advise/opinion.
#33331 02/08/04 10:23 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Just so you know, most of us read all of the threads. You don't need to double post.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044