It's been 2 weeks now, and I've had plenty of time to tweak with settings and watch a lot of different movies, and listen to some CDs. Life is now much too short – I need to re-listen to all my CDs!) One of my guilty pleasures --"Point Break" in DTS, I watched last night, and the waves crashing in some of the surfing scenes seemed to explode out of the QS8's, UFB. If you haven't heard this movie, put it on your wish-list.

Just a few quick points for anyone who might be approaching the decision to buy some Axioms.

First, I was a little hesitant when buying the M60s, because I had my heart set on the M80s. The staff at Axiom suggested I stick with the M60s, unless I was considering a beefy-er amp (e.g., using separates). Imagine that, a company that talked me out of the more expensive model? (first sign of good customer service) The M60s have delivered nicely, and have not disappointed in the least. (although, I would like to hear the M80s one day) I even went back to demo the Paradigm speakers that I initially was going to purchase. Even in an acoustical setting like the demo room (with who know what subs are doing the filling), while they are great sounding speakers – they just weren’t as good.

Second, the most surprising speaker in the bunch turns out to be the 150. Really does its job. While I didn’t actually compare it to the 100, I can tell you – there aren’t many centers out there that are going to compete – I listened to quite a few, because I knew that it’s probably the most important speaker in HT. Now, when I go upstairs to watch a movie with the old setup, there is dialogue that I have to strain to decipher. My wife and I have been laughing, because there is all this background dialogue (subtle comments etc…) that we are just hearing for the first time.

Third, I read a lot on the board about other Sub options. Maybe it’s my room, but the axiom sub seems to rock pretty good. (could be there are some cheaper subs that can do the same work – I’m not sure. I have an older JBL that’s the same size, and it doesn’t seem to fill the room with as much range.) I’ve made some various location changes and directional changes throughout movies, and I can’t really decipher any significant changes in Sub quality. So, I’m not sure what the fuss about sub placement is, but maybe I got lucky and my room is such that the sub works good in all locations, don’t’ know????

Thanks for everyone’s postings on this board, special kudos to Alan. I hope to get a digital camera one of these days and post some pics.