Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Healthy sandwich suggestions needed pls.
2x6spds #341088 03/08/11 01:30 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Hello wheelz, I see your avatar is now that famous crack smoking murderer, Huey Newton. Excellent choice for you!!

I suppose your choice of Huey is an improvement over your previous avatar choice of Che Guevara, a communist mass murderer.

It's just like you to go off topic for the sake of ridicule.

Good work!

pmbuko #341089 03/08/11 01:35 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
You know what I like lately? Take pesto and smear it on two slices of grainy bread. Lay on some turkey breast or rotisserie chicken breast. Slap some havarti cheese on it. Top with your choice of greens (I like spinach) and/or pickle slices. Devour.

That does sound very appetizing, Peter.

I haven't had pickles in a long time, but I'm definitely going to pick some up now that they've been mentioned a couple times in this thread.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #341091 03/08/11 01:52 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes pmb, and if you choose a notorious murderer as your avatar, you can also expect a comment.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #341092 03/08/11 02:04 AM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
My girlfriend thinks I'm weird, but I happen to like green apples in my Tuna. I only use water packed albacore and 'just' enough mayo to make it moist. None of that rancid non-fat mayo either, real mayo. Cube the apple into about 3/8" cubes and mix away with a wee bit of dill weed and squirt of lime juice. Sometimes I'll add horseradish too. I've been eating tuna for a long time, so one has to get creative after a spell, but it sure is hard to beat for a good, low fat, high protein meat.

michael_d #341093 03/08/11 02:16 AM
devotee
devotee
Man this thread is making me hungry!

And strangely enough, wanting to commit mass murder... grin

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa

michael_d #341095 03/08/11 02:19 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
With egg salad, the amount of mayo you add is really crucial. It goes from dry to overdressed, sloppy and disgusting really quickly. Usually start with one very small spoonful and mix it up. Overdressed tuna, salmon, egg and chicken salad sandwiches with the amount of mayo is the most common mistake IMO.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
audiosavant #341096 03/08/11 02:21 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Hello wheelz, I see your avatar is now that famous crack smoking murderer, Huey Newton. Excellent choice for you!!

Yet again, you can't desist from slandering me, or denouncing very important historical figure's (with grotesquely erroneous statements), when it comes to aiding impoverished and disenfranchise people. Or people that you would most likely considered a pariah, and have nothing in common with.

Huey P Newton was a crack smoking murder, was he? This is typical right wing, uneducated, misinformed rhetoric. Leaving the silly crack smoking accusation aside, I'm interested to hear what murder he was charged for? It's indisputable that Che Guevara killed people, but when you're in an armed conflict with a dictator, you engage.

So, who did Huey P Newton kill? Where's the proof? I'm sure you haven't forgotten about the court cases where was found innocent.....

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
BlueJays1 #341097 03/08/11 02:25 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: michael_d
My girlfriend thinks I'm weird, but I happen to like green apples in my Tuna. I only use water packed albacore and 'just' enough mayo to make it moist. None of that rancid non-fat mayo either, real mayo. Cube the apple into about 3/8" cubes and mix away with a wee bit of dill weed and squirt of lime juice. Sometimes I'll add horseradish too. I've been eating tuna for a long time, so one has to get creative after a spell, but it sure is hard to beat for a good, low fat, high protein meat.
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
With egg salad, the amount of mayo you add is really crucial. It goes from dry to overdressed, sloppy and disgusting really quickly. Usually start with one very small spoonful and mix it up. Overdressed tuna, salmon, egg and chicken salad sandwiches with the amount of mayo is the most common mistake IMO.

More healthy ideas and great tips to help me out! Thanks Michael and House.

Ya_basta #341102 03/08/11 02:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
You can also add pita bread to your repertoire. You can stuff or dip pita bread with just about everything.

One of my favorites is beef (filet mignon) or chicken (breast or thigh) marinated in olive oil, oregano, seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled then sliced thinly. Diced tomato, black olives, cucumber, thinly sliced red onion, chiffonade of lettuce, feta cheese and tzatziki. All mixed together and then stuffed inside a warmed pita.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #341106 03/08/11 03:04 AM
devotee
devotee
You ever use sprouts on your sammy? You can grow your own you know.

I used to be really into nutrition. Still am, but it's really hard and expensive to eat well consistently.

I dream of a day when all food that's bought and sold is of high quality, yummy and good for you! smile

But then, I'm a leftist, DFH (dirty fu#kin' hippie) and potential revolutionary mass murderer myself...

Now up against the wall pig, and make me a sandwich! grin

Power to the po'boy!!!

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 957 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup