Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: Bin Laden is Dead
DaveG #346944 05/02/11 03:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm not implying that we do nothing. But killing a few terrorist's probably isn't going to stop them. Probably nothing is going to stop them short of total annihilation. Genocide, or whatever the popular term is. Like, you know, turning out planet into a radioactive mess.

Last edited by CatBrat; 05/02/11 03:42 PM.
CatBrat #346945 05/02/11 03:42 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Killing a VERY wealthy figurehead that funded and organized such operations is a good start. But yes you are correct, their philosphy is numbers and that is what is very scary. Its a battle that will go on forever, unless the western world gives up.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #346947 05/02/11 03:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes catbrat, the totalitarian Islamic leadership of the Islamic Republic of Iran threaten genocide against the Jewish state of Israel, while they deny the European genocide of the Jewish population ever happened, even while Iran seeks nuclear weapons but denies doing so all the while referring to tiny Israel as a "one bomb country."

See through the fog.

In the meantime, OBL dead. Feel good story of the day.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #346950 05/02/11 04:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I also agree: there is no reasoning with al Qaeda. You must defeat them with whatever means necessary: military, intelligence, financial, etc. In this sense, Ukiah, the death of Osama bin Laden is a good thing. He can no longer lot and plan the deaths of innocent Americans and other citizens of the world.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to jump around, do a happy dance, and chant "U-S-A" in the streets. That's not my style. But I understand why others are doing that, and it doesn't bother me.

It is worth noting that the majority of Muslims do not share the views of al Qaeda. They view what al Qaeda does in the name of their religion as a horrible hijacking and twisting of it. I just wish they were more vocal and able/willing to prevent so many of their young people from picking up arms against non-Muslims.

Anticipating the response that the Koran has verses in which Muhammed says to go forth and murder non-Muslims: while this is true, one can look at the Bible and find plenty of similarly objectionable ideas (sacrificing children, punishment by death for all sorts of crazy things, slavery, etc, etc) that are likewise dismissed by modern Christians and Jews.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
2x6spds #346951 05/02/11 04:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The terrorist state of Israel is destroying an entire civilization, and it doesn't recognize the Armenian genocide....

See through the fog.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #346952 05/02/11 04:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
There are one million Muslim Arabs who live in Israel as fully franchised citizens. They, including the women, have the right to vote, full civil liberties, they do not have to pay a special tax because of their faith. The Arab Muslims in Israel, are Israeli citizens who have elected Arab Muslim members of Parliament. An Arab Muslim sits on the Supreme Court of the State of Israel. Israeli Arab Muslims enjoy greater civil liberties, including equality under the law, than do Arab Muslims living in any Muslim country.

Although there are a million Israeli Arab Muslim citizens there is not a single Jewish citizen in Jordan, less than a handful in Syria, absolutely not one in Saudi Arabia, the 300 Jews of Yemen, a remnant of a once great population, are being spirited out of that country even now. There are no more than a handful of Jews left in Egypt. Hardly any in Iraq.

The Palestinian mandate territories were divided between Jews and Muslims in 1922. Jordan was the Muslim state, Palestine, the Jewish state. The Jewish portion was divided again, by the UN in 1947. Israel declared its independence as a Jewish homeland in 1948. It was not hilarity which ensued.

The armies of the 5 Arab nations, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt attacked Israel. Although Israel hardly had any arms, they prevailed. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem instructed the Muslims to leave Israel and return to take the lands and homes of the Jews after the Arab armies exterminated them.

Things did not work out for those Jihadists. The Arabs who stayed became citizens of Israel. Those who left, were not permitted to return.

To refer to Israel as a terrorist state is simply a lie. I have an appointment I have to go to. I expect there will be posts on this subject. I'll be back.

In the meantime, Osama bin Laden is DEAD. Good! May all genocidal murderers share the same fate.

Ya_basta #346953 05/02/11 04:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
The general Muslim population may not agree with Al Qaeda, but if Al Qaeda was to war against a group of people (place any nation here), would the Muslim population fight against Al Qaeda, or, just step aside. To me stepping aside would be the same as agreeing with Al Qaeda.

CatBrat #346955 05/02/11 04:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It was nice to see Pakistan extend an olive branch in this take down. Hopefully this can set a precedent going forward with their relations.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #346956 05/02/11 05:27 PM
D
old hand
old hand
D
Another Canadian who is very happy to hear this news. I hope it was a unpleasant death.

Ya_basta #346958 05/02/11 06:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Keisha Mei Ash
The terrorist state of Israel is destroying an entire civilization, and it doesn't recognize the Armenian genocide....

See through the fog.

I should have known it was you cam. Osama bin Laden is dead. Sorry for your loss. What a shame ... all your genocidal heros have gone to their reward ... Stalin, Mao, Che, Idi Amin, Saddam, Osama. Who are you left with. ... Robert Mugabe ... Ayman Zawarhiri?

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 957 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup