Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Multiple Subs
J. B. #359850 12/01/11 06:43 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: J. B.
i get the feeling this is going to be interesting reading.

I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

gtpsuper #359851 12/01/11 06:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
One thing I'd like to see is all of the reviews to be recent reviews on the Axiom site. It seems that every time I check out the reviews, they are talking about the M80ti versions, or whatever.

Nobody cares what a ti version sounds like today.

Example: the 1st M22 review is dated November 2001.

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/01/11 06:53 PM.
gtpsuper #359852 12/01/11 06:59 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
Originally Posted By: J. B.
i get the feeling this is going to be interesting reading.

I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

exactly what i suspected. what is wrote was not negative in any way. ;-)

gtpsuper #359854 12/01/11 07:13 PM
Jc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
. . . I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

Neither do I, but I'm simply wondering how you can give your honest opinion on all Axiom subs when you only own one used model which you have not compared side-by-side with competitors' models in your room. You can also compare specs against specs but too often they are not reliable.
I'm sure that you can see my point and now, I will now move on.

jc
Jc #359859 12/01/11 07:48 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
I'm enjoying my EP800s quite a bit, and the EP600 before that, but I've never owned subs of quality from any other manufacturer. I still hope to pick up a HSU or SVS at some point for whatever secondary system I end up with. I do think Axiom could benefit from having a more steady stream of reviews of their products, especially at the flagship level, but I understand the pitfalls of that as well. Still, for people who really want to research their purchases, it would be a good sign to see at least a couple in-depth reviews out there of every product.

Jc #359860 12/01/11 07:57 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: Jc
. . . I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

Neither do I, but I'm simply wondering how you can give your honest opinion on all Axiom subs when you only own one used model which you have not compared side-by-side with competitors' models in your room. You can also compare specs against specs but too often they are not reliable.

If I said I've only heard the EP175 and its the best sub i've heard would your response have been

"How can you give your honest opinion on Axiom subs when you've only used one model and not compared side by side with competitors"

I doubt there will ever be any 3rd party tests of Axiom subs. They backed out of the shootout with the EP600, I see that as the EP600 would have came in last place and they wasn't confident in its performance.

I would love to see a properly done non biased shootout between the PC13 Ultra, EP600, HSU VTF 15H, SubM, eD A7s-650 or A7-450. All within the same price range, and just let the measurements speak for themselves. A treated room with bass traps, proper sub placement and no EQing.

gtpsuper #359861 12/01/11 08:01 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: Jc
[quote=gtpsuper]. . . I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

If I said I've only heard the EP175 and its the best sub i've heard would your response have been

"How can you give your honest opinion on Axiom subs when you've only used one model and not compared side by side with competitors"

Its ok as long as I don't say anything negative of Axiom, even though I've owned Axiom since 07-08 (M22s, M2s, VP150 and EP175). But my opinion doesn't matter since I'm didn't highly praise Axiom? So really no ones opinion matters on here unless they've done side by side testing and comparisons. So if someone asks about the EP 500 vs other sub, no one can comment unless they've done side by side of each of them right?

I doubt there will ever be any 3rd party tests of Axiom subs. They backed out of the shootout with the EP600, I see that as the EP600 would have came in last place and they wasn't confident in its performance.

I would love to see a properly done non biased shootout between the PC13 Ultra, EP600, HSU VTF 15H, SubM, eD A7s-650 or A7-450. All within the same price range, and just let the measurements speak for themselves. A treated room with bass traps, proper sub placement and no EQing.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 12/01/11 08:02 PM.
gtpsuper #359863 12/01/11 08:41 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
To be fair and for whatever reason, Axiom chose to back out of the sub shootout which I believe was the one back a year or two ago conducted by "Audioholics". This was after Axiom had a pretty good long-term relationship with them that, for reasons only known to the hierarchy at Axiom, quite abruptly ceased.

The reality is for the shootout in question, Axiom was far from the only manufacturer that didn't take part so there was obviously something going on that had many others as well decline to be involved in the process. There are dozens of companies out there and I believe, in the end, Audioholics only conducted the comparisons between, at most, four or five models, hardly a good measuring stick by which to judge which one may be the best.

casey01 #359864 12/01/11 09:04 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
Quote gtpsuper: "and just let the measurements speak for themselves."

measurements are only half of the story;
to "speak" for themselves,
it's better if people also listen to them with a good variety of source material,
and it's still better if those people have listened to other subs before awarding points to a particular piece of equipment.

gtpsuper #359865 12/01/11 09:09 PM

But you posted:
They just plain suck for the price.

Really?

So you post that statement, then say "hey, I'm just giving my opinion".

Well, BS. You're trolling for a fight.

Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

This is how you should have stated it in the first place.

And no, we're not fanboys. But if you go to a Chevy forum and post "Chevys suck", you can't really be surprised if you're not greeted with open arms, can you?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 226 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup