audioholics
#361202 12/18/11 02:03 PM
G
gwg Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
G
gene and the guys at audioholics must have some major axe grinding with axiom,they even went so far as to try and discredit the blog on designing a home subwoofer.

Re: audioholics
gwg #361205 12/18/11 03:05 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yup. GTPSuper showing how much of a troll he was here with his comments about Axiom subs... Not saying that there isn't some validity to comments on both sides of the topic, but he is just out there to try to slam Axiom any time he can.

Of course you come over here with one post to try to get people fired up again.

I just recommend that people NOT get sucked into this discussion over at Audioholics. It is exactly with GTPPooper wants people to do. He throws out comparisons to Bose in that Axiom is about marketing and profits... Blah blah blah. Anyone with even half a brain can see that isn't true. I don't know him, but apparently Gene is missing half his brain to be someone at his level over there and to fall into a discussion lacking tact or facts.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #361207 12/18/11 03:29 PM
G
gwg Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
G
sorry,did not mean to get anyone fired up,I own axiom speakers just pointing out that the audioholics group seem to very hypocritical after years of recommending axiom products.I still go threre from time to time because thats where I found out about axiom speakers.That was my first post.

Last edited by gwg; 12/18/11 03:56 PM.
gwg #361210 12/18/11 04:54 PM
axiomite
axiomite
gwg I didn't take your post as trolling, I used to go over to Audioholics quite a lot but hardly ever anymore.

Welcome aboard and post often!

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #361211 12/18/11 05:15 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
In the end, I believe that is why when someone reads reviews of any products on these sights or in magazines in general, they have to be taken with a grain of salt. Remember that Axiom had a fairly long-term relationship with these guys and, of course,used to advertise in Audioholics and for reasons discussed many times here, they don't anymore, hence, open season for the so-called reviewers at the publication and personal feelings are obviously interfering with their judgement.

It is also quite ironic that unlike most companies, these people actually personally visited the Axiom manufacturing and R & D facility in Dwight more than once and have commented many times how great it was. All of a sudden their marketing and manufacturing set-up is no longer adequate? That speaks volumes.

casey01 #361213 12/18/11 05:44 PM
G
gwg Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
G
my point exactly.

gwg #361222 12/18/11 07:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
gwg,

Sorry for being a bit aggressive. I've seen a tactic used elsewhere where someone makes one sole post to get people off to another site to join a flame war...

Again, I apologize.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #361231 12/18/11 09:18 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
It is interesting how Gene has changed his tune over the years, remins me of some flip flopping politicians.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #361740 12/23/11 10:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I read through a post on AV Science in which alan responded to a few nay sayers . Unfortunately there are pundits a plenty out there in the big nether of the internet.How so many reviewers,engineers etc can be so wrong about axiom speakers is beyond me. It seems in their mind Alan spends all his money buying off his loyal customers and the reviewer's . LOL
There a outfit that calls itself The Upgrade Company and they too claim to be able to improve on anyones design, be it amplifier,dvd, reciever you name it. Seems some people love to buy into magical wiring and such,a fool and his money are soon parted.

One fellow wondered why we axiomites are willing to bring strangers to our home to hear our wears. For me its because i wish i too had the same oportunity and also its a great way to meet like minded people. Buy an RV and go to an rv park, you can talk RV's and pickups till dawn.

I really dont understand all the publicity but any publicity is good . At least they are saying the name. smile I am no golden ear,but if comb filtering is a problem i sure as heck cant detect it.I guess when they cant explain why something sounds this good at such a price they have to attack it.I work as a auto tech and i can tell ya, some people like chev,some ford some dodge, you get the idea. No one product suits everyone and that is fine. There are alot of speaker makers and those makers have alot of different lines. No way anyone can audition them all, we have to rely on word of mouth, reviews and other owners. If i didnt like what i heard i would ship mine back, simple as that. I would even post on the forum of the product listing my dislikes but no purpose can be served going around to other forums and bashing a product. If you dont like something dont buy it, move along.
I dont think axiom makes the best speaker, or the worst but it damn good for the price. I also believe in keeping my money in canada when i can, even though axiom does have a chinese factory.

Check out the upgrade company, they are a hoot.Read this thread,some people really believe this s##t.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1336902

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #361751 12/24/11 12:04 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: Socketman
I read through a post on AV Science in which alan responded to a few nay sayers . Unfortunately there are pundits a plenty out there in the big nether of the internet.How so many reviewers,engineers etc can be so wrong about axiom speakers is beyond me. It seems in their mind Alan spends all his money buying off his loyal customers and the reviewer's . LOL
There a outfit that calls itself The Upgrade Company and they too claim to be able to improve on anyones design, be it amplifier,dvd, reciever you name it. Seems some people love to buy into magical wiring and such,a fool and his money are soon parted.

One fellow wondered why we axiomites are willing to bring strangers to our home to hear our wears. For me its because i wish i too had the same oportunity and also its a great way to meet like minded people. Buy an RV and go to an rv park, you can talk RV's and pickups till dawn.

I really dont understand all the publicity but any publicity is good . At least they are saying the name. smile I am no golden ear,but if comb filtering is a problem i sure as heck cant detect it.I guess when they cant explain why something sounds this good at such a price they have to attack it.I work as a auto tech and i can tell ya, some people like chev,some ford some dodge, you get the idea. No one product suits everyone and that is fine. There are alot of speaker makers and those makers have alot of different lines. No way anyone can audition them all, we have to rely on word of mouth, reviews and other owners. If i didnt like what i heard i would ship mine back, simple as that. I would even post on the forum of the product listing my dislikes but no purpose can be served going around to other forums and bashing a product. If you dont like something dont buy it, move along.
I dont think axiom makes the best speaker, or the worst but it damn good for the price. I also believe in keeping my money in canada when i can, even though axiom does have a chinese factory.

Check out the upgrade company, they are a hoot.Read this thread,some people really believe this s##t.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1336902

Over the years. some things have never changed in the consumer electronics business. There are always those that THINK they know what is best, a kind of "snobbery" and almost a "religious fanatacism" that says that they know more than the rest of us and we are "idiots". The same reason some buy speaker and interconnect cables for thousands of dollars thinking they sound better(of course, they are going to say that in order to justify their expenditure). The Upgrade Company has been exposed many times for being a sham, however, some still buy in to this nonsense and believe they are spending all that extra money to actually get an audibly better sound! How do you possibly upgrade a $10,000 Classe Audio piece of equipment? If you really want to read and see this insanity carried to the extreme go to the website "Audiophilia", it is a joke.

Not too long ago, and I am sure many will remember, Lexicon got caught for offering a BR player, selling for $3600 that when some reviewer took it apart, they found out it was almost identical and had the innards of an Oppo BDP83 that sold for $499. They then were scrambling for excuses. That is just one example. Speaking of Oppo, when they introduced, in particular, the BDP 95, it offered features and performance characteristics equivalent to or better than players many times the price. The so-called "high-end" community couldn't believe it and probably some still don't.

Axiom is in it 32nd year of doing business and are not owned by any conglomerate. Everyone knows, that generally speaking, the people on many of these forums that have their preferences and who are critical of other equipment such as speakers, nine times out of ten, have never heard them. All I can say is, if Axiom were building "crap", that nobody thought was any good, they wouldn't have been around this long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters