Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Images of Cherry Home Theater
#37236 03/17/04 04:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Sorry bud. Didn't mean to irritate you. Just trying to help some people out, which I think I explained how to do in the following posts to the first one.

Sorry!

#37237 03/17/04 05:22 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I purchased my Harmony through BlueDo since they were the cheapest - and one of the few who would ship to Canada. They were extremely quick and easy to order from. After brokerage and duty, I think I ended up saving about $30 compared to Future Shop. I had hoped to save a few more bucks for the hastle.

"Chickens don't clap."
#37238 03/17/04 05:37 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Since I'm responsible for this mayhem to an extent, let me offer some clarification.

1) For the MX-700, BlueDo and SurfRemoteCentral (SRC) are authorized dealers and you get a full warranty. Also, be prepared for Axiom-like customer service . Mike at SRC is truly a special guy. I don't recognize the other places mentioned.

2) The "open-box" pricies are where the cost savings are. The $350 for the MX-700 gets to $204. After extensive research, I got mine as an "open-box" from SRC and it arrived in pristine condition. Very similar to Axioms Factory Outlet. I spoke to both SRC and BlueDo and they both had the same discussion - these things are used briefly as a Customer demo or test remote and then repacked and made available. Frankly, I think they are taking advantage of a discounting opportunity.

3) I was wary of ebay or really low price discounting. I saved significant $$$ with SRC, but I also assured that I was getting a full warranty and great Customer Service. If your desire is to deep dive on price discounts and eschew the warranty/service - go for it.

4) $200 is STILL a lot of money for a remote. Howeve, this thing is a lot of remote for the money. It compares in price to the Harmony, which some also prefer. It also compares in price to an MX-500 / Irclone software package, which is not as powerful or as polished ( I upgraded ffom the 500 package to the 700).

The ability to work with and program the 700 is unbelieveably smooth, complete and easy. It allowed me to do alot of interesting things I might have otherwise passed on because of complexity. The software (MX-Editor) is excellently done. Very well thought-out combination of LCD screen and buttons.

The big kick here is the thousands of device files (including the Pronto .ccf files which can be copied!!!) that are available on Remote Central. Downloading, reviewing, copying - all extremely easy and effective.

I could go on, but you get the idea. This remote evokes the same regard from me for this type of device as the Axioms do from a speakers perspective.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup