Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New Member Here with a Question About Upgrading
#41745 04/16/04 01:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
How long a wait do you have? What finish did you get? If you ordered first run speakers, as opposed to ordering from the Factory Outlet, your wait will be short.

It is a requirement around here that, once set up, you must post pics. Everyone here is a closet voyeur.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#41746 04/16/04 01:53 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I don't know about the wait. I haven't heard anyone say what the usual ship time is for them. I hope they have them in stock as I ordered the black first run speakers since patience isn't one my better virtues and the word "wait" just isn't in my vocabulary. I will report back once I get tracking/shipping info for other's future reference.

Oh you can rest assured I will fire up the old camera once I get everything in it's place..

Rick

#41747 04/16/04 02:27 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Rick,

you'll love your setup.

I've had M60's paired with a VTF-2 sub for aprox a month and they sounds amazing after I set everything up properly.

Before Axioms, I would put music on and walk around the house doing things. Now when I play music, I sit in the couch and enjoy. That's how good the sound is!

#41748 04/16/04 02:28 PM
axiomite
axiomite
If you ordered first run, you won't have long to wait. They're usually fast shippers. Unfortunately we're hitting the weekend, so that'll add a little time. But You'll see them early next week, I suspect. Keep us posted

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#41749 04/16/04 02:37 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
When I placed the order on my M60s it only took three days for me to receive them. And I'm in CA!

#41750 04/16/04 03:10 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I am in Western North Carolina so the travel time shouldn't be too bad. I have company coming in for the weekend so that will help pass the time while I wait..

Rick

#41751 04/16/04 03:23 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
So, did we close that deal, or what?!?! High fives all around! Five high-fivin white guys!

Rick, you're going to really enjoy your new speakers. Honestly, those of us who frequent the forums here would not spend our time on this stuff if we were not happy. I'd echo the sentiments of others who observed that the music listening experience is especially enhanced; I hear things I never heard before, and enjoy things more than I ever did. Axioms added a fullness and richness to my audio experience that, on a stupidly fundamental level, really made me a happier person. Well, that and the meds, of course.

Have you told your wife yet? I'm thinking that displacement of that lamp is going to cost you about three grand eventually.

Please do keep us posted on your installation, including pictures. Likewise, please stick around and contribute your wit and experience to the forums.

Good luck with that "patiently waiting" thing. This is going to be the longest weekend of your life.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#41752 04/16/04 03:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Don't be shocked if they show up on Monday.

BTW...you said you used your setup mostly for HT, but I'm willing to bet once you have these babies, your music listening is going to increase tenfold.

#41753 04/16/04 03:51 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Tom,

I haven't had a chance yet to actually measure the area in the corner behind the sectional to see if the SVS and the lamp will coincide in the same spot. I think I might really like the idea of it there due to a response I got from a guy over on the hometheaterspot forum. He said:

"I've heard a lot of good things pertaining to subs behind the listening area (where your lamp is). You would also be corner loading which should add a few dB's. If anything, you may even "feel" it a little more since it's closer to the listening area."

We really never use that light anyway but as I said time will tell once I break out the tape measure.

You said: "This is going to be the longest weekend of your life."

No this will be the second longest as I had to wait out the weekend for my SVS..

Thanks again and will definitely be hanging around..

Rick

#41754 04/16/04 03:59 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Spiff..

Monday would suit me just fine!

My wife doesn't work and listens to music during the day while working around the house so I have a gut feeling that she will enjoy them as much as I will.

I think she was kindly skeptical about the SVS when I told her about it but after she saw what a difference it made she smiles real big like I do..

Only one thing worries me..I already have that silly grin on my face from the SVS additon..with the added smile that the Axioms I am sure will create is that really good for your face muscles to stay in that one position for an extended period of time? Maybe the doctor can prescribe something for that..nah..I'll take my chances with the great big smile!!

Rick

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020