Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 101 of 116 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 115 116
Re: AxiomAir
Ian #419005 05/10/16 12:45 AM
veteran
veteran
The new AxiomAir arrived today. I quickly unwrapped it, set it on an end table, and attempted to connect to it with my Android phone via the AxiomAir app ... it hangs on the 'connecting' screen.

I then connected to its hotspot using both the Android phone (running Android M), and on a Chromebook. In each case I entered my network's WIFI information (SSID and passsword). The web UI recognizes the entry, but the light keeps flashing blue.

I then plugged in an ethernet cable, upon which the flashing blue light went away. I then attempted to connect to the AxiomAir through the Android app (connected), and entered the WIFI network credentials one more time ... immediately, the AxiomAir app went into 'searching' mode. Unsuccessful.

I unplugged the ethernet cable, and attempted to connect, to no avail.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

I have an actiontec router from Fios.

Last edited by edvacdude; 05/10/16 01:19 AM. Reason: Experience with ethernet cable

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3

Ian #419008 05/10/16 01:30 AM
old hand
old hand
With an actiontec router, the first thing I'd do is power cycle it. We have to do that every once in a while for an external (off the corporate network) fibre connection at work.

Ian #419009 05/10/16 01:33 AM
P
P
I received my Air today and was extremely impressed when I unboxed it. With a little effort, I got it on my network wirelessly and was able to reconnnect with the Android app.

Sadly though, I have run into three issues.

1. No matter how I set them up, (cifs, nfs, with username and password, without) I have been unable to get either of the music shares on my unRaid server to scan and be accessible (It saves them, and says it is scanning them). I have 3 Raspberry Pis in the house running Volumio, RuneAudio, and Kodi, so I have set-up these NAS locations before with no problems. Anyone have any luck?

2. Randomly, the air will turn off, or go into a mode with all three lights on where the only fix is cycling the power.

3. When the air is plugged in and the power is on, I get a soft squeal out of the tweeters. It is noticeable when music is playing as well. When running on the battery, it is not there...

Thoughts?

Ted

Ian #419012 05/10/16 02:45 AM
veteran
veteran
I rebooted the ActionTec router. No luck I'm afraid.

Is there an issue in connecting to WPA 2 psk? Or when a SSID is not broadcast? The UI does not allow me to specify the connection type (WEP/WPA PSK/WPA enterprise).

Thanks all.

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3

Ian #419013 05/10/16 03:32 AM
veteran
veteran
Hello
I just wanted to clarify something that came via Kickstarter today. It says

"Don't forget - if you still haven't filled in your customizations, you're not on the list to ship, so dig out that email ASAP!"

I could not find an email, neither an option on the Kickstarter page to do so (customization). I think to remember that we could add later the power cord or extra battery (forgot which one), but cannot see those either on Kickstarter.

Can I get a quick instructions what customizations needs to be submitted and where?

If the answer is somewhere on the 50 pages of this AxiomAir post, please apologize in advance. I haven´t catch up for a long time now.

Cheers

Yvasse #419017 05/10/16 08:31 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By Yvasse
I'm having problems connecting to my Air, here's what's happening.

I received my Air on Friday, I brought it to the cottage for the weekend. When I got there, I did the initial setup with my iPad, everything went as advertised. I then brought the Air on my WiFi so I could control it from Chrome with the WebUI and retain my internet connection from the iPad. I was so impressed with the sound that I let it play music pretty much for the whole weekend, it sounds as good if not better than my outdoor M3's. But I digress.

I brought the Air back home on Sunday, after turning it on, it went in hot spot mode (blue and red lights flashing), I tried reconnecting to it with the same iPad, the iPad could see it and connect to its hot spot (I confirmed by looking at the IP assigned to the iPad: 192.168.211.2). I then tried to connect to the WebUI (192.168.211.1), but it wouldn't connect. I also tried to use it as an AirPlay device, but couldn't see it.

I also tried the same thing from a Mac, but still can't connect to the WebUI or as an AirPlay device. I confirmed that my Mac connected to the Air hot spot and also can see the IP assigned to my Mac (192.168.211.3).

Short of renaming my home network to be the same as the cottage one, is there anything else that can be done to regain access to the Air? I plan to take the Air back and forth between home and the cottage and other locations (read networks), I'd like to have a simple solution to get the air to join various networks.

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

It's a strange behaviour indeed, I'll try to replicate your steps and see if there's any bug that produces the same outcome.

However, the ability to connect to different networks (and retain them) is on our TODO list!

edvacdude #419018 05/10/16 08:38 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By edvacdude
The new AxiomAir arrived today. I quickly unwrapped it, set it on an end table, and attempted to connect to it with my Android phone via the AxiomAir app ... it hangs on the 'connecting' screen.

I then connected to its hotspot using both the Android phone (running Android M), and on a Chromebook. In each case I entered my network's WIFI information (SSID and passsword). The web UI recognizes the entry, but the light keeps flashing blue.

I then plugged in an ethernet cable, upon which the flashing blue light went away. I then attempted to connect to the AxiomAir through the Android app (connected), and entered the WIFI network credentials one more time ... immediately, the AxiomAir app went into 'searching' mode. Unsuccessful.

I unplugged the ethernet cable, and attempted to connect, to no avail.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

I have an actiontec router from Fios.

When ethernet is connected, wi-fi is disabled.
I suspect that you didn't save your network credentials, since you state that blue led blinks but no red one does.

Is that the case?

praedet #419019 05/10/16 08:40 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By praedet
I received my Air today and was extremely impressed when I unboxed it. With a little effort, I got it on my network wirelessly and was able to reconnnect with the Android app.

Sadly though, I have run into three issues.

1. No matter how I set them up, (cifs, nfs, with username and password, without) I have been unable to get either of the music shares on my unRaid server to scan and be accessible (It saves them, and says it is scanning them). I have 3 Raspberry Pis in the house running Volumio, RuneAudio, and Kodi, so I have set-up these NAS locations before with no problems. Anyone have any luck?

2. Randomly, the air will turn off, or go into a mode with all three lights on where the only fix is cycling the power.

3. When the air is plugged in and the power is on, I get a soft squeal out of the tweeters. It is noticeable when music is playing as well. When running on the battery, it is not there...

Thoughts?

Ted

The NAS mounting is slightly different than previous verions of Volumio, since we want to make them easier (in theory...). Could you please tell me how do you fill the form and we'll see if there's an obvious issue there...

aabouganem #419020 05/10/16 09:40 AM
buff
buff
Originally Posted By aabouganem
Hello
I just wanted to clarify something that came via Kickstarter today. It says

"Don't forget - if you still haven't filled in your customizations, you're not on the list to ship, so dig out that email ASAP!"

I could not find an email, neither an option on the Kickstarter page to do so (customization). I think to remember that we could add later the power cord or extra battery (forgot which one), but cannot see those either on Kickstarter.

Can I get a quick instructions what customizations needs to be submitted and where?

If the answer is somewhere on the 50 pages of this AxiomAir post, please apologize in advance. I haven´t catch up for a long time now.

Cheers

Hi aabouganem,

I have sent you details on how to submit your options and details in a PM.

Regards,
Steve Hunt

Steve H #419021 05/10/16 11:24 AM
old hand
old hand
I dont remember where I managed to find the Axiom Air user interface that I set up on my Samsung phone . I think it was google play . For some reason my new tablet cant seem to sniff out the app . Maybe there was a link provided in the Kickstarter e mails ?
Can someone post up a link . I have been looking for at least an hour lol . I know the information is within this post somewhere and I did power read most of the posts but its getting to be a long read with over 100 pages . laugh

M60,s Vp160 , QS8,M3,s Svs 12 . Yammy 3063 ,Panamax 5100,PS3,Optima HD80 Axiom Air
Page 101 of 116 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 115 116

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (Cork, BBIBH), 656 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup