Rating: 5
Page 103 of 116 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 115 116
Re: AxiomAir
tonno #419055 05/12/16 12:51 AM
P
P
Originally Posted By michelangelo
You should do:
Alias (put what you want, it doesn't really matter)
IP
PATH: Music/Music Archive

Let me know how it goes
I'll try this first
Originally Posted By tonno
i had problems with nfs mount too. i had to install "nfs-common" via ssh. after this nfs mounts are working well.
Do you mind typing up what you did for this?

Any info on how to delete improperly set-up NAS mounts?

michelangelo #419056 05/12/16 01:26 AM
veteran
veteran
Michelangelo,

To be specific:
1. I turned on the unit. It is in battery mode. The green led is steady.
2. Around 10-20 seconds later, the blue flickering led on the USB stick turned on. It turned off, and again turned on (twice).
3. The unit made the welcome sound.
4. The blue and red leds flicker constantly, and so does the usb stick.
5. BTW, a note. I wasn't sure of what the usb stick was initially, so I removed it and once I learnt of its function, I plugged it back to the bottom right USB port (this was well before I posted about issues with connectivity).
6. On my Win 10 laptop, I see the AA hot spot. I connect to it. I am still connected to my home WIFI, but when I double click on the AA hotspot again, Windows asks me if I want to disconnect (so I realize I'm connected to the AA as well).
7. I attempt to visit http://axiomair.local/. I am unsuccessful. BTW, I do have Bonjour installed.

The *only* way for me to connect to the unit is wired, which is when I may attempt to plug in the WIFI SSID/password. Which doesn't work. BTW, the signal strength where I have the router is around 67% (I checked my wireless printer, which gave me this information).

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3

Fatboycarney #419062 05/12/16 10:02 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By Fatboycarney
@michelangelo I submitted some logs last week (or on the weekend) with the AirPlay issue reproduced. Wanted to make sure you got them.

Also further to that I was able to get the windows app tuneblade to connect via AirPlay to the Axiomair

Seems my iPads (3 I have tested) do not work ever. And they all continue to work with the Denon

Let me know if you need more tests and log. Happy to send

Yes we got them and we finally discovered what's wrong with your system, you should have been contacted by someone in Axiom..

edvacdude #419064 05/12/16 10:05 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By edvacdude
Michelangelo,

To be specific:
1. I turned on the unit. It is in battery mode. The green led is steady.
2. Around 10-20 seconds later, the blue flickering led on the USB stick turned on. It turned off, and again turned on (twice).
3. The unit made the welcome sound.
4. The blue and red leds flicker constantly, and so does the usb stick.
5. BTW, a note. I wasn't sure of what the usb stick was initially, so I removed it and once I learnt of its function, I plugged it back to the bottom right USB port (this was well before I posted about issues with connectivity).
6. On my Win 10 laptop, I see the AA hot spot. I connect to it. I am still connected to my home WIFI, but when I double click on the AA hotspot again, Windows asks me if I want to disconnect (so I realize I'm connected to the AA as well).
7. I attempt to visit http://axiomair.local/. I am unsuccessful. BTW, I do have Bonjour installed.

The *only* way for me to connect to the unit is wired, which is when I may attempt to plug in the WIFI SSID/password. Which doesn't work. BTW, the signal strength where I have the router is around 67% (I checked my wireless printer, which gave me this information).

Sorry but you can't be connected to two wireless network at once..
Is your SSID network hidden?
Having the blue and red leds flashing means that the AA got the configuration but its unable to connect.
Could you please try to turn it off and place near the router and turn it on and retry?

michelangelo #419065 05/12/16 02:33 PM
veteran
veteran
Michelangelo,

The SSID is hidden. I don't understand (as you mentioned) how I could be connected to both either. Win 10 showed my primary WIFI network to be connected, and the AA hotspot, when I double clicked, indicated, 'Disconnect?', which I interpreted as a connection as well.

I will attempt the test you described later on today (move the unit near the router, first connect via ethernet, enter the wifi credentials, and then disconnect the cabe).

praedet #419069 05/12/16 06:24 PM
T
T
Originally Posted By praedet
You should do:
IP

Let me know how it goes
I'll try this first
i had problems with nfs mount too. i had to install "nfs-common" via ssh. after this nfs mounts are working well.

hi praedet,
michelangelo alredy has fixed this issue. you can get the "beta" updates when you do the following:

http://axiomair/dev/
clik under Testmode the "True" button.

thats all. now you get the beta updates.

Ian #419074 05/13/16 02:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Michelangelo -- I did the following:
a. connected the AA to a wired network
b. Connected to it from my Win 10 laptop using http://axiomair.local/
c. Went to network, entered wifi credentials.
d. The UI indicated that configuration was updated
e. Disconnected the ethernet cable, took the unit within 4 feet of my Fios Actiontec rev i (Wireless b/g/n) router. The router is in compatibility mode BTW, no mac authentication, hidden ssid, with wpa 2 psk aes
f. No change ... blue led is still blinking, so is the red led.

Issue is not the wifi strength ... as I mentioned earlier, I have 67% strength near the Win 10 laptop.

BTW, I then connected the ethernet cable back .... http://axiomair.local/ does not work ... takes me to a Frontier search page. The unit does not immediately respond to the connection of the ethernet cable I suppose? Five minutes later, it worked.

tonno #419078 05/13/16 10:12 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By praedet
You should do:
IP

Let me know how it goes
I'll try this first

hi praedet,
michelangelo alredy has fixed this issue. you can get the "beta" updates when you do the following:

http://axiomair/dev/
clik under Testmode the "True" button.

thats all. now you get the beta updates.

Tonno, you're quite avantgarde! However, I strongly recommend not to use test updates: they may break your system! Do it only when told by me or by Axiom Staff...

edvacdude #419079 05/13/16 10:13 AM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By edvacdude
Michelangelo -- I did the following:
a. connected the AA to a wired network
b. Connected to it from my Win 10 laptop using http://axiomair.local/
c. Went to network, entered wifi credentials.
d. The UI indicated that configuration was updated
e. Disconnected the ethernet cable, took the unit within 4 feet of my Fios Actiontec rev i (Wireless b/g/n) router. The router is in compatibility mode BTW, no mac authentication, hidden ssid, with wpa 2 psk aes
f. No change ... blue led is still blinking, so is the red led.

Issue is not the wifi strength ... as I mentioned earlier, I have 67% strength near the Win 10 laptop.

BTW, I then connected the ethernet cable back .... http://axiomair.local/ does not work ... takes me to a Frontier search page. The unit does not immediately respond to the connection of the ethernet cable I suppose? Five minutes later, it worked.

The issue might be that you use AES instead of TKIP... I'm looking into it as we speak...

Ian #419080 05/13/16 01:25 PM
M
buff
buff
M
@edvacdude
I may have figured out what is needed to make your wi-fi work. It has nothing to do with AES, but with the fact that yours is an hidden SSID.

I prepared a test update just for you. I made a fix that should solve your issue. Could you please test it?

Remember to reboot after the update has been downloaded

(to download it you must connect via ethernet...)

Page 103 of 116 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 115 116

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Cork), 1,306 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup