Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 107 of 116 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 115 116
Re: AxiomAir
Ian #419316 06/04/16 11:57 PM
N
N
Im having issues setting up Axiomair. I received my new Axiom Air 2 and my excitment didnt last long. I am trying to hook it up using my iPhone but the AxiomAir option just doesnt show up in my options. Could someone please help me troubleshoot?

Ian #419318 06/05/16 02:03 AM
devotee
devotee
On the SD Card, the Data Partion (3rd) is only 1GB and if you are running other apps (eg JRiver Media Centre) that can fill up quickly and lead to poor responsiveness. I use GParted Live CD to expand this partition to 10GB (as we have a 16GB Card but most is not used).

Is an easier way of expanding this partion via SSH or ???

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs
Newbie9 #419320 06/05/16 03:24 AM
devotee
devotee
Newbie9, I found the easiest was for the initial setup was to plug the Air into your home network using Ethernet. You can then set it up, assign WiFi info etc and from there you are good to go.

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs
Ian #419322 06/05/16 07:35 AM
devotee
devotee
I've got my second Air and have been playing with Grouping and overall it works really well!

@michelangelo / Andrew - Couple of Q's:
- Only the Air you send the music to shows the playing status of the song, coverart etc in the UIs. The second Air seems to be doing nothing (but is of course playing the music), is this by design?
- What protocol are you using to keep it in sync between the two? In my quick test I've not noticed any syc issues like with similar DLNAv1 implementations but I don't think you are using Airplay either. (edit: are you using Snapcast?)

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited by jmone; 06/05/16 07:41 AM.

Ian #419336 06/06/16 06:14 PM
P
frequent flier
frequent flier
P
Can we get a quick update on the % of Kickstarter units shipped out already?

I'd also love to get an update on mine specifically. 10776897.

Thanks,

Patrique

Ian #419341 06/06/16 11:12 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Patrique,

We are over the half way point now in shipping out the AxiomAirs to everyone. You should expect yours within two weeks.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Ian #419342 06/06/16 11:19 PM
Y
regular
regular
Y
Michelangelo, Andrew,

After playing and playing with the AA for a couple of weeks, I have to report that I am very satisfied with the sound and the features available via the UI. I would like to make a few suggestions for future software updates and the next version of the hardware:

1) Add a multi-band equalizer in the UI. I move the AA around the house and outside a lot, the acoustics change a lot from location to location, it would be great to be able to adjust the sound accordingly.

2) I'm not the first to ask, but it would be great to know how much capacity (%) is left in the battery, I take the AA outside a lot and I'm never sure how long I will be able to use it for.

3) Add a physical master volume control instead of just controlling the volume of the analog input. It takes too much time to turn the volume down with the UI when answering the phone and the computer controlling the AA is not close by, as an example.

4) There should be more room above the RJ45 connector to press on the tab to disconnect it. I have to regularly hardwire the AA to a network to get it to join WiFi networks as I move it between different networks. Which takes me to my next item:

5) Any update on when the AA will have a software update to remember and reconnect automatically to different WiFi networks?

I have to say that as version 1.0 of a product, you guys did a super job. Ian should be proud of the work his team did designing and building the AA.

Yves

Ian #419356 06/08/16 09:14 AM
M
regular
regular
M
I have been trying to get information regarding my AxiomArir order for quite some time now. I'm very disappointed in the communication Axiom has had with customers even from the beginning of their Kickstarter campaign, and thought I'd share my experience.

I received the notification from Axiom to post in the forums for beta testing and 03/24/16 I signed up for a forum account and requested to be part of the beta. No response was given.

04/21/16 I posted in the forum requesting a shipping update. Again, no response.

05/04/2016 I made a post asking how to get information about shipping. And, you guessed it...no reply.

05/11/2016 after 7 weeks of being ignored I called Axiom asking for an update. I was told the order would be moved to the next batch which was going to ship the beginning of the following week.

05/25/16 after 2 weeks with no shipping notification I called again. This time I was told that they were not sure where the order was. It wasn't in this pile so it must be in one that is going to ship soon.

Let me make sure that my complaint is clear. I don't care that my order hasn't shipped. What bothers me is the lack of communication. On top of that the only information I was given wasn't accurate.

I've participated in many Kickstarter campaigns and know that delays are to be expected. I recently had a campaign pushed out a year. No big deal. They have weekly updates on all that is happening, and I've never even felt the need to contact them. I've also dealt with many hifi companies, and one of the reasons you pay those high prices is for the awesome communication that comes with the product. Whether that is through replies to inquiries, product set up, warranty etc.

I found out about Axiom while shopping for speakers to replace a pair of Monitor Audios and possibly a GoldenEar home theater set up. I found the AxiomAir Kickstarter and thought it would be a good way to sample what Axiom does. So far I'm not impressed. The product might be the best (yet to be seen), but the experience probably isn't worth it.

Others that participated in the Kickstarter have expressed concern regarding Axiom's lack of communication as well. In their defense, I've also read plenty of posts that praise Axiom's communication and quick response. So I hope (and honestly think) this is not the typical Axiom experience. But it's left me with a sour taste, and I'm reluctant to try or recommend their products in the future.

Ian #419357 06/08/16 12:21 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Maf-
I'm not defending Axiom, nor disparaging your thoughts, but let me mention that Axiom doesn't really monitor these boards in case of customer service or tech support.

Yes, Ian pops by now and then, but not on a regular basis and those that handle customer service are very rarely posting here.

Again, I'm not belittling your post or feelings, just stating that the first two points (your posting here asking for updates) don't really count. smile

The rest...yes.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Ian #419359 06/08/16 02:28 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I'm actually going to chime in here and say I sadly agree with MafGuitar. You can see by my signature I'm no stranger to Axiom speakers, I love them. But communication on this kickstarter was always lacking. That was my main reason for not jumping on it, I couldn't get simple questions answered and I just put if off and off. Eventually I said @#$@# it I'll order it anyways based on my experience with Axiom, but of course I was like 2 hours late. I've flipped flopped back and forth about ordering it since, and now 107 pages in on this forum and seeing the "testing" still going on - I'm sorta glad I didn't get one. People laughed at me when I said I wasn't paying full price for a beta product, but that is essentially what first runs are. If I had actually ordered one and was left in the dark, I'd be disappointed as well. I know when I had one of my speaker mounts fail ages back and my center speaker fell and tore a very expensive projection screen, I had the similar issues with lack of communication - all documented here. Sometimes their feedback is excellent, they are all very nice people, very talented, but other times its crickets. I feel Axiom has changed a bit in the past 12 months, maybe with key people retiring they are having to adjust - but a simple post on a their own forum or kickstarter page or an email to a customer takes mins. But same goes for the customer, if you can take time to post something here, you can email them.

Last edited by newf; 06/08/16 02:30 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12
Page 107 of 116 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 115 116

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945