Originally Posted By SrMead
Is that an Anthem pre/pro you're referring to? Assuming it does the bass management for the stereo source and sends the L/R signal to the LFR's amp and the SW line output to the sub... correct?
By the way the EP500 looks like a monster, lol. You must have a huge room. I think I'd do just fine with the 350 smile

Yes. the Anthem does have individual crossover controls for each connected speaker. I have it set for the LFR to be Large and take sounds down to about 60hz. I then set the sub to start at 100hz so there is plenty of overlap between the two and it seems to work for me.

I never really put much into size being a factor. Heck the LFR is a massive speaker so the EP500 beside it really doesn't look all that much. Now the EP600 and EP800 get quite monstrous. Those are not something that you can hide to one side and not get noticed.

I have never tries any other of the Axiom subs so I can't really say how they work. But I have had several other small subs and concluded that unless it has enough mass and a decent enough driver you might as well not really bother if you have a large size main. I have tried one of my old Mirage subs, and you cannot decern any difference with it on or off with the M80 or M100. It is somewhat additive with my small M3 computer speakers and I use it just on the side that I think it offloads some of the power needed to run so I can play it just a bit more louder. I use them outside.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5