Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Paradigm vs Axiom
#43097 04/30/04 08:10 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Too true.

"Ears, I'd like you to meet Axioms. Axioms, I'd like you to meet ears."

As with most introductions, it takes a little while before both parties relax (i.e. break the ice) and are comfortable with each other.

#43098 05/03/04 03:48 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Although it's been said and pointed out many times, I can't help but bring it to call one more time. For the money, I don't believe you could ever go wrong with Axioms. I feel that they'll give you better sound for a lot less money over Paradigm, plus Axiom's customer service is second to none. It's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Sutter Cane

#43099 05/04/04 09:01 PM
T
hobbyist
hobbyist
T
Ha! I knew there was a reason for hanging around these boards...

BigK:

In the course of getting my new HT system together, I've auditioned lots of bookshelf speakers recently, including the M3s, the Mini Monitors, and Cambridge Soundworks Newton M60s. (If you do a search, you might find my mini comparo in the "Questions and Comments" section. Here it is in a nutshell.)

My $0.20 on the Paradigms :
The mini monitors were the best sounding of all the speakers I listened to, period. Granted, I heard them only in the store; a 25% restocking fee tends to deter an in-home shootout. YMMV. Easily the best balance of richness and accuracy. They were not, however, the ones I ended up buying.

CSW vs. Axiom
Very close contest, with a slight advantage going to the M3s for best sound. I don't know if reading too many reviews pre-disposed me to think they'd sound like dog whistles, but I never found them bright or harsh. Just beautifully accurate and maybe just a shade cooler than the 'digms.

Ultimately, I went with the CSWs because, for less than $300/pr., they sounded 90% - 95% as good as the Paradigms and the M3s, but, sporting real maple veneer and a swanky blue-gray grille, completely ran away with the prize for "Dead-Sexiest" speaker. For me (and my interior-decorator wife) that's a big deal. After evaluating overall performance, including looks, I felt like they're the speakers that we can live the most happily ever after with.

That said, if styling isn't an issue (or you prefer the look of the M3s) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as the best bang/buck bookshelf anywhere. And the Axiom folks consistenly redefine the standard for great customer service.

FWIW, I haven't heard the M22s, but everyone says they are the shiz-nit. If you're going to spend Mini Monitor money (~$340 US, IIRC) you might want to consider the M22s. I'm sure they'd give the Paradigms a serious run.

Hope that helps w/o muddying the water too much. Good luck.

Roger

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020