Wall/Pole mounting QS4
#436 11/07/01 11:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about your Master Series purchase. I have a wall on one side of the room to mount surrounds and a "pole" on the other side. What type of mounts do I need? Do you sell them? Do I have to drill into the speakers to secure the mounts? Will the QS4 sound "OK" with one mounted to a wall (with plenty of reflective surface) and the other mounted on the "pole" (no reflective surface)?

Thanks

Re: Wall/Pole mounting QS4
#437 11/08/01 12:14 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
The QS4s come with the mounting hardware and it is already attached to the speaker. Is your pole round or square and if square, how wide is it? The sound will OK with the pole/wall mounting combination.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
#438 11/08/01 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ian:

What a great surprize, having the President of Axiom respond...must mean the customer service is good.

Anyway, in response to your question, the pole is square and is 5" wide. Will the QS4 surround work?

Also, the founts have to go into an enclosed bookshelf. The bookshelves are 10"Wx14"DX14"H. Will the 3Ti fit? Will the sound degrade by putting them there?

I've got a big space to fill, but the where I can put the speakers are very restricted.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

#439 11/08/01 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ian:

Sorry, my spelling is bad. The above note should have said "the fronts" (not the founts).
Thanks

#440 11/09/01 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a suggestion (that I've done myself). I tried calling Axiom, and although the lady was very nice, at the time Axiom didn't have any other bracketry for mounting the QS4's. What you might try is getting your local lumber yard (or do it yourself) to cut you a solid piece of MDF, 1/4" thick at least, in an upside-down-"U" shape. This basically traces the outline of the flat back surface of the speaker, leaving a cut-out space for the binding post area. Attach the QS4's using the supplied bracketry to the front side of the "U" (top corners), the supplied rubber bumpers on the bottom corners of the MDF, and use whatever you like to fasten the back side of the MDF to the post. This way you can also paint the mount whatever colour you like. Additionally, by using thick MDF, it provides a reasonably solid and resonance-free surface (as opposed to a metalplate or bracket, which may vibrate with your speakers), plus there will be enough clearance for a stress-free connection to your speaker wires. Keep in mind that the supplied rubber bumpers are matched in height to the supplied mounts: this provides you with a solid 4-point suspension.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044