Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Is Axiom Audio Out of Business - No Phone or Email
jjaskuna #445502 05/21/22 09:42 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Speaking of customer service, our furnace stopped working today, has an error code.
Texted our HVAC provider. Got a response, on a Saturday of a long weekend, in 20 minutes. They forwarded my number to the on call tech. He called less than 10 minutes later. Will be here in a couple of hours.
ON A SATURDAY OF A LONG WEEKEND!

No complaints here, unless he borks our furnace (that would be point #2 mentioned above), but they nailed point #1!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
jjaskuna #445503 05/21/22 09:45 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Here's another customer service issue this week. Needed to replace some ink pads for our printer (no thanks to Epson). Place in England sells them, nice retrofit product.
Had to wait a few weeks to get the envelope though.
One of the pads is missing.
I contacted them via the service email. Got an auto reply BUT, i have my ticket in so i know they have acknowledged/logged my 'issue and as such, they nailed #1.
Let's see how they follow through with point #2.

chesseroo #445504 05/21/22 11:00 PM
local
Online Content
local
Originally Posted by chesseroo
Speaking of customer service, our furnace stopped working today, has an error code.

What's the error? If it's a Lennox furnace, I discovered the dreaded "Watchguard" error. It happened twice over 6 years, each visit was $300. I discovered that it's an easy fix with sandpaper and isopropyl alcohol, so when it happened again last November, I saved myself $300!

And on another note, I've noticed it my Onkyo hasn't spontaneously clicked for at least a month.

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"
Hambrabi #445513 05/22/22 06:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by Hambrabi

What's the error? If it's a Lennox furnace, I discovered the dreaded "Watchguard" error. It happened twice over 6 years, each visit was $300. I discovered that it's an easy fix with sandpaper and isopropyl alcohol, so when it happened again last November, I saved myself $300!

And on another note, I've noticed it my Onkyo hasn't spontaneously clicked for at least a month.
It's a Rheem furnace. The error is related to a pressure sensor and blower gate, so, not something i can diagnose.

On the customer service side of things (three this week), all three replied in reasonable time and each had an idea of how to resolve. Although the overnights are a bit chill, we opted not to get the furnace fixed until after the long weekend but we won't be charged for an emergency fee either. My inkpad issue has the option for a partial refund (and assurance that it should still work ok with a partial fix i devised) or they'll send me another pad. Now we'll see how Axiom follows through on point #2 this week!

jjaskuna #445878 07/19/22 08:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
First update since May.
Multiple calls and emails to find out where the returned amp was at over the past few weeks with no response. It's been a month. Finally got sales Andrew on the phone yesterday. When you can get him on the phone, all is well and things get done. If not, things sit.
Going out on a limb here, i think he needs help. They need to hire and train more customer service people, at least one more if not two.

As for the amp, 'should' be returned next week. Apparently it failed in a way they have never seen before. I should have asked for more specifics out of curiosity but my mind was somewhere else yesterday.

jjaskuna #446249 09/25/22 02:27 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Finally got the ADA back last week.
Then i discovered a heat sink fell off somewhere inside, (had a rattle when i took the amp out of the box). Apparently it was a part off an inductor and as such, the unit was unsafe to run.
Just got another (new) amp now this week.

Maybe, finally, this saga is coming to an end.

chesseroo #446254 09/25/22 04:38 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C

I sure hope so. My ADAs have been rock solid, thankfully. I don't look forward to the day there's some sort of failure and I have to be without amplification for part of my system for any stretch of time.

CV #446256 09/25/22 04:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by CV

I sure hope so. My ADAs have been rock solid, thankfully. I don't look forward to the day there's some sort of failure and I have to be without amplification for part of my system for any stretch of time.

You mean something like 4 months??

Once i get this ADA hooked back up, i'm going to be curious to see what the sound is like after having used the LFR880s without the DSP and no back channels for nearly a half year. I know my 'reference' sound to my ears/brain will have changed. Havent' done any music listening since the ADA went down. Just tv shows and movies.

jjaskuna #446261 09/26/22 06:03 AM
aficionado
aficionado
I can add to the amp saga. I just received my za-1000 after waiting 5 months for it. And the toroidal transformer is loose. Looks like the 2 stacked nuts that hold down the toroid we’re not tightened down. Not sure what to do. Looks easy enough to pull the cover and tighten them up but I dont know if anything was buggered by the toroid moving. Guess I’m sending it back…..gonna try and get ahold of them and see what’s reasonable. The amp doesn’t look like what you see in the pictures either.

And the axiom transformer DAc/streamer looks different than my first one too. I like the finish of the first one I got.

Bummer man, I was looking forward to trying the ZA out.

Last edited by Kodiak; 09/26/22 06:05 AM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595
jjaskuna #446262 09/26/22 02:26 PM
M
M
frown

Yes, that ZA has to go back. It's possible the toroid's ferrite core has cracked depending on what kind of mechanical shock it experienced.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,014 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup