Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Is Axiom Audio Out of Business - No Phone or Email
spiroh #447486 08/28/23 04:06 PM
local
local
Originally Posted by spiroh
Wow I did not know Axiom purchased Bryston. Imagine being able to trade up to Bryston's model speakers. That would be cool.

It's not likely to happen because it would step on a lot of toes. Bryston uses a dealer model, so by giving up the direct-to-consumer model, you get customer-facing local distributors with local knowledge of the market and the potential for greater reach, marketshare, and lower rates of return.

It comes at a price, since half of your MSRP is markup to pay for their expenses, sales support, and commissions. There's a reason why you get a lot of bang for your buck with Axiom (particularly with custom wood veneers and paint-matching).

This thread has generated a lot of anxiety among the veterans here. Unreturned e-mails and phone calls is symptomatic of a company on a death spiral towards bankruptcy.

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"
jjaskuna #447489 08/31/23 05:30 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I personally think, speaker wise, you are not going to get much better than Axiom’s top of the line … active LFR’s (+ EP600’s it you need to go sub sonic)

Hambrabi #447499 09/06/23 12:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by Hambrabi
Originally Posted by spiroh
Wow I did not know Axiom purchased Bryston. Imagine being able to trade up to Bryston's model speakers. That would be cool.

It's not likely to happen because it would step on a lot of toes. Bryston uses a dealer model, so by giving up the direct-to-consumer model, you get customer-facing local distributors with local knowledge of the market and the potential for greater reach, marketshare, and lower rates of return.

It comes at a price, since half of your MSRP is markup to pay for their expenses, sales support, and commissions. There's a reason why you get a lot of bang for your buck with Axiom (particularly with custom wood veneers and paint-matching).

This thread has generated a lot of anxiety among the veterans here. Unreturned e-mails and phone calls is symptomatic of a company on a death spiral towards bankruptcy.

Well, as Axiom makes the Bryston speakers - and now everything else Bryston in the Dwight Axiom factory - that might be an avenue to explore!

You are correct in the anxiety levels, but as Ian, Debbie and I discussed, they are integrating the two purchases quiet nicely...and spoiler alert...they plan more. The Magnum and Bryston lines are actually higher profit margin, and Magnum is a very niche product and very small company.

jjaskuna #447501 09/07/23 04:05 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hope they can keep (get back) the personal customer connection once they get this integration done. It was one of the most intriguing pulls to do business with Axiom. It made me a fan (besides being very happy with the value/product at least speaker wise). It was their willingness to answering questions, working with the customer (at times going well beyond exception ... especially in my case), correcting mistakes without argument, or just talking audio which really won my loyalty. It would sadden me, if though growth they lost this but I'd understand it. I'd still buy their speakers though ...

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,481
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters