Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: BIGJOHN'S HT PICS(finally)
#45660 05/12/04 07:28 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Very nice. Thanks for posting the pictures.
And don't let anyone push you around on the TV. I have a 36 direct view tube that I want to replace as well, but a budget is a budget!

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#45661 05/12/04 11:02 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
John - Excellent and well done!! I'll bet it was worth the wait. Nice sized room, great coordination. Let the listening/watching begin in earnest!

Oh - lest I forget, the astute guy might want to pass on Jack's offer to "send her to Cleveland and I'll show her some HD". He makes that offer ALOT.

Just to resurrect a LONG dead thread...
#45662 11/17/04 11:47 PM
regular
regular
bren- the wife loves the cabinets and grills, and is OK with the install. she isnt very keen on me toeing in the speakers, but she will get used to it. and she wants the speaker wire above the surrounds to be "less visible", so i am gonna ordr some of those strips that stick to the wall and hide the wire, and just paint over it. problem solved!

Where can I find some of these strips you're talking about that stick over speaker wires?

Thanks!

Sony 57" RPTV
Marantz SR8002
Toshiba HDA30 HD-DVD
Axiom m60/VP150/QS8-Boston Cherry
SVS 20-39PCi
#45663 11/18/04 02:05 AM
kjs Offline
buff
buff
Looks great Big John! That is a massive piece of furniture there. I know that it sounds just wonderful. If I remember correctly you live in San Angelo. I am originally from Odessa but now live in Suburban Houston. Next time I drive back to see the folks I will bring the Shiner Bock if you give me a listen to that killer sys. Back in the old college days played two football games vs. ASU. Is Zentner's still open? Fond memories of that place. I digress, but it's great to hear from someone back in WT

#45664 11/18/04 02:26 AM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
well, thanks for the compliment. man, someone sure dug deep in the archives to 'bump' this thread. i think the last post on it was like in june?

i do live in san angelo. you are more than welcome to stop in nad have a listen next time you are coming thru on your way to odessa. i am actually going to odessa this weekend to see a high school game a ratliff stadium, then going to a car and truck show at ector county coliseum. a friend of mine installed some LCD lighting in a show truck, and we are gonna go see how it does, and see the crowd response to the lighting. its kinda like neon, but cheaper, and more dependable.. i am getting off topic here....

zenteners is definitely still open, and still one of the best steaks in san angelo. not to mention, the pretty girl in the tight wranglers aint to bad either.

please feel free to PM me next time you might be coming this way. i would be more than pleased to give a listen to my "killer sys". hopefully by then, i will have a new SVS sub. hey, gotta keep the dream alive!!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#45665 11/18/04 04:00 AM
aficionado
aficionado
John,

Who's playing in Odessa this weekend? How is your team doing? Did they make the playoffs?

#45666 11/18/04 04:57 AM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
the abilene high eagles are playing el paso montwood in odessa. they try to pick a neutral site for playoff games, but there isnt any other places to play between el paso and abilene, so odessa is the best they got. abilene high should blow montwood out of the water, which would set up one of the best high school match-ups in the nation next week against the southlake carroll dragons(SLC). thats the team that played on espn earlier this year. abilene high and SLC are easily the best 2 teams in the state, and SLC is even ranked #1 in the nation. needless to say, i am gonna try and go to that game, where ever it may be. rumor has it they will play in the alamodome in san antonio. thats only 4 hours from here, i can make it.

my team, the san angelo central bobcats, did make the playoffs, and has already beat an el paso school in the first round. this week we play mansfield summit, but the game is in round rock(just north of austin), and i had already committed to going to odessa with my buddy, so i aint gonna be able to make it. unfortunately, our team is not that strong, and the only reason they were able to make the playoffs is because they play in a weak district. i am trying to stay positive, but all indications would show that my team will most likely lose this weekend. but, they still gotta play the game, so we will see!!

GO BOBCATS!!!

bigjohn

#45667 11/18/04 05:18 AM
aficionado
aficionado
John, thanks for posting the pics! I love the furniture and the color of your walls. It's nice to see something other than plain white walls all the time. I also think the speakers match quite well with the entertainment center. However it looks like the left cabinet of the entertainment center is empty. Any ideas of what you're going to put in it? Sorry...just being nosy!

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
#45668 11/18/04 05:27 AM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
once again, thanks for the nice words. this is an OLD thread, that has been bumped.. i almost feel guilty that its up here again...

at the time i took those pics, the EC was completely empty. i have to empty it out so i can move it back and forth from the wall, it is heavy as all get out, and its just easier to clean it out. when i took the pics, i hadent got around to putting the stuff back in it. i used to have my sports memorabilia in the right side, and my wifes collectibles in the left. but now, she has taken over the whole thing, and moved my sports stuff to the 'man room' in the front of the house. watcha gonna do??

we have done lots of different color schemes to the house. shannon likes the home improvement shows, and she gets lots of ideas from them. sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont... but, every room in the house is a different color and technique, so it makes for a very non-boring living space.

bigjohn

#45669 11/18/04 06:15 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Well good luck to San Angelo. SLC is freakin amazing. I saw them demolish Ryan Denton on ESPN. The entire SLC squad can flat out play. Their QB is a stud and I will look forward to seeing him playing on Saturday's. RD's QB was quite a player as well. I've been a long time fan of HS football and I know Texas produces a few of the best teams in the nation every year.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,026 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup