Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: BIGJOHN'S HT PICS(finally)
#45670 11/19/04 03:59 PM
kjs Offline
buff
buff
Love the Texas high school football. Man, Ratliff is one amazing high school stadium. I heard that it is the second largest in the US. Will definitely give you a shout next time we run up that way. If the game is in the Alamodome I would like to go. We live in Katy which means 2 hours to the Alamodome. OF COURSE that all depends on the outcome of our beloved Katy Tigers. They got a tough one this week but are defending 5A div II champs. I was in the Alamodome last year when they won, made for a great weekend in SA.

I will drop you a note if all works out and we go to the game SLC game. Er, by the way - that's why I think I have the memories of Zentner's . . . forgot about the great food. :-) Good luck this weekend.

#45671 11/19/04 04:20 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Katy, thats another top notch football program. Is Midland Lee still a force to be reckoned with? I know for a while they had a string of extended playoff stays with a championship or two as well. I met this girl who transferred to my high school from Midland, she was the prettiest, sweetest sounding girl I had ever met. I think if I were in Midland I would not be able to keep my hands to myself...

#45672 11/19/04 05:09 PM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
i know ratliff seats 20,000, and i have seen it packed full several times.. our stadium here in san angelo seats 17,000, but it is not as modern as ratliff. it has the old school horseshoe design, and is set in a bowl, when you walk into it, the field is actually about 20-30 feet below ground level, its kinda cool. here is a link. our local college plays here too.

katy is a great team. always is year after year. i think they play jersey village this week, should be an easy win. i would like to see SLC and abilene play, but i dont want to drive to dallas.. do lets hope its in san antonio. but, if my bobcats can win, then i will be going to their game, where ever it may be. thanksgiving and high school football, dont get much better.

player8- midland lee was beat in the first round of the playoffs this year by mansfield summit. and thats the team my bobcats are playing this weekend. hopefully, they can pull out a win. lee did win 3 state championshps in a row from 1998-2000. thats when cedric benson, the heismann candidate from UT, was playing for them. he was one awesome RB to watch. they used to thump my team every year, but it was still cool to watch that guy run. art in motion almost.

bigjohn

Last edited by bigjohn; 11/19/04 05:14 PM.

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Cork), 1,306 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup