Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Perpetual "Waiting for my Axiom's" Thread
#48921 06/11/04 12:04 PM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
So I thought this thread might be a little fun, we can all share the pain together. You can follow my post format if you like, or just comment to your liking

Order Date: June 2nd, 2004
Items Ordered: Pair M60's, VP150, Pair QS8's
Custom Finish?: Yes. Charcoal Smoke w/ Black Grilles

So due to my custom finish I was told "6 weeks or less" but I want them now damnit :P

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
Re: The Perpetual "Waiting for my Axiom's" Thread
#48922 06/11/04 02:10 PM
devotee
devotee
I remember the day. The day of the perpetual waiting. Whooo...glad those days are over. Although I did have some supplemental relief. I bought the VP150 (non-factory second), so I got that right away. This was actually my Axiom trial speaker. Of course after having it I needed it all. So I placed a factory seconds order for a pair of QS8s, a pair of M2s and a pair of M60s (these I wanted to play with the most). Fortunately I was able to get the M2s in just a week 1/2! Then I was able to at least experience stereo. But I had to wait a good 5-6 weeks for the QS8s and M60s. Oh the humanity!
Then months later I got my SVS sub, now they just make you wait even ordering new! But...supply and demand is at their doorstep...
At least now I can breath. I wish you luck on your quest. I am happy now. My wallet is happy now (now that I'm not buying speakers every month). And my wife is happy...for all the reasons above.

Of course it never really ends does it? I mean, now I need a DVD player of quality to play SACDs and DVD-As, then I need a new tv....

So...I may not be waiting for Axioms anymore, but I sure got my waiting cut out for me in the Home Theater department.

While you're waiting play a video game. I prefer XBOX and of course if you have an XBOX you need Halo. If you've played that to death then the new Chronicles of Riddick game is suppose to be the shizzy.
Either way you get to shoot and blow stuff up, and doesn't that just make everyone feel better?

Of course we expect to hear back from you in six weeks to tell us how much you love your Axioms

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#48923 06/11/04 03:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
bah I decided to go with Axioms months ago but I've forced myself to wait till I get my basement remodel done... or I fear I'd never set foot down there again to finish it.

=)

Getting closer thou!

#48924 06/11/04 05:26 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

we can all share the pain together

you forget daphoid, we are not in pain, most of us already have our speakers..

that was low, i know, i couldnt resist.. but i do have good news.. when i ordered my custom speakers, they told me the same wait, 6 weeks.. and exactly 28 days after my ordr, the were in my living room.. now, i aint sayin you will have the same situation, but just keep in mind the 6 weeks is like a worst case scenario.. chances are, you will get them before that.. so keep your fingers crossed.

use this time to read the instruction manual on your new receiver.. that what i did, and by the time the speakers got here, hook-up and set-up was ridiculiously fast.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#48925 06/11/04 05:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Date Ordered - April 22
Items Ordered - M60, QS8, VP100
Factory Outlet - for delivery all at once
Expected Delivery Date July 15

Oh, the waiting is terrible, indeed. My wife and I just bought a new apartment in DuPont Circle, in D.C.. We're really excited about the move (which doesn't happen until Late July). Our current apartment is too small to run a huge set-up, and I currently have a home theater mini system (Aiwa) that suffices.

I chose to have it all delivered at once so that I wouldn't be tempted to install piece by piece. I want the full experience to hit me all at once.

I've satiated my desire to get my new Axioms by purchasing an HSU STF-2 and waiting for it. Then, I bought my RX-V750 through the mail. That was fun waiting for. Then, I starting collecting speaker wire (no, I won't make my own, thank you very much).

All in all, the wait has been a bear. But having to wait until July will ensure that I don't get evicted from my current apartment before moving downtown.

Anyway - let the commisery begin!

PS - My wife and I just took another look at our new home, and our finances. Then we went to Circuit City to pick up a gift for a friend...wouldn't you know it, but there goes my wife, wandering into the TV aisle, straight for the DLPs. She says to me - "you know, we should get a TV to go with your new speakers, shouldn't we?" God, I love that woman.

#48926 06/11/04 05:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That charcoal finish intrigues me. Please be sure to post some pics after you get it all set up.

#48927 06/12/04 06:13 AM
shareholder in the making
Hmmm, I don't remember having to wait. But then again, I didn't order a custom finish. Knowing what Ken just went through, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

But the wait is definitely worth it.

#48928 06/16/04 02:41 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Update!

Ordered: June 2nd
Ship Date: June 24th

! Custom finish and all, and it should be same day shipping as I'm only a ~2 hour drive from the plant

- D

#48929 06/17/04 02:55 AM
devotee
devotee
I ordered my vp 100+Qs8 3 weeks ago and they came today.(refurbished)

My receiver broke yesterday

The boxes look nice though

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#48930 06/17/04 03:02 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Holy crap! That's the worst! Sooooo close yet so far. You have my deepest sympathies.

Beg, borrow, or steal a receiver!

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#48931 06/17/04 02:11 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i want to laugh, but thats just not funny.

poor guy..

bigjohn

#48932 06/17/04 11:48 PM
regular
regular
I ordered the epic 60 home theater system through the outlet store. I made this purchase the first week of May so (12 week wait listed) I am looking at receiving them in early August. The wait is killing me… Im a newbie so I thought this would give me a fair amount of time to do some research, order a receiver, and get a new dvd player. Ive sense ordered and received my denon 4802r and dvd-2200. Ive also done a good amount of reading on setting everything up. Im now just feeling tormented. 2 new pieces of gear hooked up to 2 old piecer speakers….

So for now Im left reading reviews from axiom owners describing how great the speakers are (audioholics.com). This has become a sadistic behavior that I need to stop.

#48933 06/18/04 02:40 AM
aficionado
aficionado
BigJohn, sometimes you only have two choices: Laugh or Cry. Laughing so we don't cry! If I were him I'd wonder what puppy I kicked in which past life to cause karma to do that to me.

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#48934 06/18/04 02:43 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
OK, waiting is not a problem. You just block and copy the tracking number, go to Fedex or UPS tracking site, and track your order. Every 5 minutes, you track your order. No problem.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#48935 06/18/04 03:03 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Hehe. I'm guessing I was not the only one to do that. I was tempted to learn a little perl scripting just so I could create a script to do that for me every 5 minutes!

jr

#48936 06/18/04 06:53 AM
Perl is your friend. I wish I used it more often, since I'm really rusty now. I use a perl script at work that I wrote a couple years ago, but when I look at the code now I tell myself, "Damn, you used to be pretty smart."

#48937 06/18/04 01:28 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
diego-

man, i had to wait 4wks, and i thought that was bad.. i couldnt imagine 12.. but , you did save some cash, so it will be worth it. and you never know, you might get them a little earlier than that. i was originally told 6wks, but they got here in 4.. lucky me!

BTW- that is some great equip you got to push your axioms. the denons get nothing but the highest of praises around here, and i think you will be very pleased once you get your axioms up and running.

remember, patience is a virtue! [easier said than done]

bigjohn

#48938 06/18/04 03:59 PM
regular
regular
Bigjohn,

I would be thrilled with a 2/3 wait time. Ive been waiting for 5-6 weeks now and its been a test of my sanity (Im not sure Im passing). I cant wait to get them, hook them up, and move on to other threads about configuration and upgrades.

nezdiego

#48939 06/18/04 05:59 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
i will chime in with my wait post.....

ordered this morning:
M60/QS8/VP150 from here
SVS pci 20-39 from SVS

ordered yesterday:
Denon 2803 from ecost

ordering tomorrow:
mits 65413 from hhgregg

weeeeeee

you gotta realize, I have spent the last 7 years watching a 36" tv with an (at the time) $650 all in one ht that included receiver/5speakers/subwoofer. I am hoping that I notice a difference.........

#48940 06/18/04 06:15 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i would say you will notice a HUGE difference..

like day is different from night..

salt is different from sugar..

freezing is different from boiling..

box system is different from M60's/QS8's/VP150/SVS 20-39/Denon 2803/Mitsubushi big screen..

its all relative

bigjohn

#48941 06/18/04 07:07 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
heh, nice comparisons!

oh and quick update, Amie just emailed me saying they have shipped! woot What I did not mention in the previous post is that all this new stuff is going in the new great room of the new house we had built and are moving into on Wednesday! I am a happy happy (broke) man!

Now if only I could convince her to let me buy something to post a pic of in that thread in the other forum here about "other toys" or whatever the thread was called.......

#48942 06/18/04 07:44 PM
devotee
devotee
I thought it was pretty funny when my reciever broke. A little sadistic, but I must admit its pretty funny.

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#48943 06/19/04 12:13 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
proggy - you are having more fun/anticipation than any one man deserves! You are gonna absolutely LOVE the system when you get it all hooked up. I'd like to hear about the 20-39 when you get a chance to play with it. A warning - things WILL rattle and move.

Hawk - I was where john was when I saw your post. Laugh? Cry? Here's the upside - you get to buy a big honkin' new receiver!!! It's a silver lining thing. BTW - check ecost and see what they have for Denon receivers.

#48944 06/19/04 12:23 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
yeah ray, but I must say my fun/anticipation hit a damper today when I saw that all of my air conditioning ductwork in the basement has condensation droplets along the full length of the pipes! That and that several of the boards are showing mold/mildew, grrrrrrrr

but my speakers did leave the destination point several hours ago =)

If I broke into the UPS center to retrieve my receiver that shows as arriving here this evening, instead of waiting for the Monday delivery, would that be considered stealing?

I think UPS/FedEx should install GPS trackers on all their shipments. Clicking every 5 minutes to see that a shipment is still in the "departed Nashville, Tn" stage is simply not satisfying! Imagine clicking it 5 minutes later to see that it went from milemarker 125 to milemarker 131 on I70!

Last edited by proggy_99; 06/19/04 12:26 AM.
#48945 06/21/04 07:32 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
wow! You Canadians really know how to ship a package! My axioms arrived at lunch today =) Ordered my SVS subwoofer at the same time Friday and I have not received a "shipped" email from them yet......receiver came today too. So now I just need my house on Wednesday, not gonna open these bad boys until then because my living room is nothing but boxes now anyway! Well, maybe just one of them to take a peak =D

#48946 06/21/04 08:06 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
its gonna kill you not to look in those boxes, but you have the best plan.. wait til you are in the new place and have ALL equip, then bust open the boxes.

i left my sub in the box for almost 3 months, and the receiver for 1 month, until my speakers finally came.. talk about torture.. at least you only got a few days.

bigjohn

#48947 06/22/04 02:18 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
well i tried, I REALLY tried! But I busted out one of the M60's. I thought my face was gonna split as I pulled the speaker out of the box, grinning from ear to ear. =D I have never owned a "real" speaker before and this seems like a good one to start! Unfortunately, my wife came home before I could get it back in the box. She was less than thrilled at the size, though I did show her a few pics of them in other HT setups and already told her about the 39" cylinder SVS on the way. I just have to break her in a little more

Oh, and the SVS shipped out today. It is due in tomorrow as they started out in Ohio which is where I live.

Last edited by proggy_99; 06/22/04 02:19 AM.
#48948 06/22/04 03:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Oh, proggy, you're going to find the giant black trash can of an SVS sub is a real wife pleaser! Sleeping on the porch in the summer time isn't so bad.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#48949 06/22/04 11:21 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
My Denon AVR-3805 has been in it's box 2 full days now. Yes I took it out to look at it... but it hasn't been plugged in or anything... my speakers are supposed to ship on Thursday apparently, and I got a email yeseterday with SEVEN tracking numbers in it (cables from axiom )...

oh boy oh boy oh boy

- D

#48950 06/22/04 08:19 PM
"Axiom Order Shipped" Now that's an email subject that will put a smile on your face! Just got the email from Amie today. Ordered M60's,vp150 and qs8's in natural maple on 6/4 and was told it could be 6 weeks. A nice surprise indeed. Great timing, we're closing on a new house this Friday !

#48951 06/22/04 08:57 PM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
My cables came today... hot DAMN axiom makes nice cables. These things are absolutely beautiful...pricey indeed *cries* but god they're high quality, you've got to see the 25 ft component video cable, it's a damned garden hose! All gold palted, all huge solid connectors, hot tdamn it's all lovely!

I LOVE YOU AXIOM

- D

#48952 06/22/04 11:19 PM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
*time passes since last post*

THEY SHIPPED!!! WOOT!! A day earlier then I was told they would too! Damn! Exactly 3 Weeks from picking up the phone to my door!

once again, <3 Axiom!

- D

#48953 06/23/04 05:41 PM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
ARG THEY'RE AT HOME RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm at work and haven't been home yet... my sisters called to tell me...and they're mad at me because they're so big

- D

#48954 06/23/04 09:24 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
have fun setting them up tonight.. you will be up late..

oh, and heres how you aleviate the "there too big" syndrome.. just go buy an 8ft tall entertainment center, and they look tiny compared to it.. its all an optical illusion.

bigjohn

#48955 06/25/04 12:59 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
D - I'll bet I know why we haven't heard from you for more than a day!

#48956 06/25/04 01:51 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
they're not setup yet actually ;_;

Tomorrow after work is the big day.

- D

#48957 07/12/04 05:05 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
UPDATE:

Just got confirmation that my system will ship on Thursday, the 15th of July. I had the whole thing ship at once. The longest wait was to be the M60s (13 week wait at the time - note the 6 week wait for the cherry's now....). Interestingly, the 15th of July is EXACTLY 13 weeks - to the day - from when I ordered them.

I'm giddy beyond belief, and will make sure to document my experience for sharing...someone will have to catch me up to speed on how to post pics in the forum.

Do you guys find it odd that the delivery will take place exactly 13 weeks after I ordered, with a 13 week wait period? I see that the custom builds often come in early. Have any of you guys ever had your factory seconds come in early? Just curious.

#48958 07/12/04 05:42 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
well congrats man.. system is on the way..

have fun with the set-up, and definitely send some pics.. one of us will for sure let you know how to do it.. real easy

bigjohn

#48959 07/12/04 06:34 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Oh Man! 13 weeks! OY! Each time I ordered from the Factory Outlet, my longest scheduled wait time was 6 weeks. Both times I waited EXACTLY 6 weeks for the speakers to arrive. I have heard stories of Factory Outlet speakers arriving before the scheduled wait time, but none of those stories were mine.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#48960 07/12/04 07:25 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah, it's been a long wait. But for good reason. My wife and I are movign into a new home at teh end of this month. The new speakers wouldn't really fit into the old (much smaller) apt. So, instead of waiting for them to arrive, if they had come right away, it would have been a test of real patience (and one I would probably not pass) to leave the boxes sitting in storage for months and months.

As it stands, the time waiting has given me the opportunity to more patiently research and decide on the other components and wait for good prices on each too. Can't wait to aset it all up and let em play.

#48961 07/16/04 02:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well, boys and girls (and Ajax and Ray, who I'll affectionately call old codgers),

the Axioms are on their way...And, of course, as Murphy's law would have it, I'm on the tail end of the fifth day of one of the longest and busiest work weeks of my life. As a result, I'll probably miss my Axioms by more than a few hours, and won't have a chance to check 'em out till tomorrow (they're being shipped to my parents, who are home more than I am, and who live just a few miles from me).

I'll bring my "didgy" and take some photos of my experience, including close up before and after photos of my gorilla ports. (just kidding - I wouldn't take pictures of that...)

Anyway - very excited over here. 13 weeks is a long time to wait.

One quick question. Tell me if you think this is wierd.
Date/time

Jul 16, 2004 6:55 am Left FedEx Ramp MISSISSAUGA CA

Jul 15, 2004 11:00 pm Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN

10:02 pm Left FedEx Ramp MISSISSAUGA CA

8:13 pm Arrived at FedEx Ramp MISSISSAUGA CA

5:30 pm Left FedEx Origin Location BARRIE CA

Why has the shipment gone from California last night to Memphis TN, back to California...WTF! I'm sure nothing has gone wrong, I just thought it was interesting that it would show up in TN an hour after it left California, only to end up back in CA the next morning. Any comments would be helpful.

2:52 pm

Pickup status

BARRIE CA

Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

#48962 07/16/04 03:16 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
I'm not sure about the back and forth, but Mississauga, CA is Canada, not California.

-------------------------------------------------
M60s, VP150 and QS8s (2)