Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
NEWBIE ready to be molded into a pro
#50172 06/22/04 01:16 PM
OP Offline
Hi everyone...
I have been looking forward to getting up on to this board and learning as much as I can. Call it an online course. With a bunch of professors and one student.

If I could start with a lecture on the m22's that would be great.

I have been searching the local stores BB, CC and tweeter. Seems that Polk is what they push. They seem to sound good but what do I know...

I know I like a clean full sound that even at low levels I will be able to hear the entire range of the music. I hope that this can be acomplished and I think that axiom may be the right way to go. So please help the uneducated, my ears will thank you

~Mark~

Re: NEWBIE ready to be molded into a pro
#50173 06/22/04 08:32 PM
veteran
veteran
Well i have the Mi22's an really love the Clarity that u can pick out details an stuff u never heard from recordings . i myself took a leap of Faith ,never heard the Speakers but i was on a lot of Forums reading an making Posts on the Speakers to see what other People liked about them an didn't like . Well i didn't find anyone saying they didn't like the Mi22's . All people said was that the Mi22's needed a Sub so that was no prob already had one so i jumped an got them one of the Best things i ever did , honestly for the money u would b hard pressed to find a better Speaker . Read an Post like u are doing an look to see if someone in your area that could give u a Demo that way u can go i heard them an i like em , cause after u hear them LMAO u will buy them jus my 2cents worth

If You Are Gonna Do It , Do It Right !!!
#50174 06/22/04 09:39 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Hi mxracer23 and welcome to your new obsession!

I have the M22tis as well and I love them. Here you can find a thread on this board that Peter posted (and my own impressions of the M22tis).

I am sure others will say this as well, but the best thing you can do for yourself in figuring out what you want is to audition them in your own home. This can get expensive if you don't have a few grand sitting around not being used and you don't mind paying shipping or restocking fees. The next best would be to find someone who has the speakers you are eyeing and seeing if you can bring some material you know well to listen to on their setup. You can ask about auditions here. And of course, you can do what you have been doing and listen to speakers in various stores. But, always remember that those areas and equipment are configured to make the speakers sound as good as possible and are not real world conditions. This means they may have a whole lotta eq in the back hidden so you can't see it, that you can't afford!

I read a LOT of reviews and opinions about the M22s on avsforum, hometheaterforum, thespot, audioreview, as well as the reviews linked to by Axiom themselves. None of them disliked the speakers. I think I found maybe 2 that had truly negative things to say, as opposed to “I just prefer a different sound” or “Towers are better” or “My [insert $20000 speakers here] sound better. The few really negative reviews/remarks seemed somehow personally angry instead of simply pointing out faults.
That said, you most likely will want to get a subwoofer. Even if you are not a ‘basehead’ (which I am not either) the bottom is missing below 60hz. These are wonderfully neutral speakers, but still only bookshelves.
I have had mine since the beginning of February and I am STILL surprised at times by just how wonderful they sound. My music listening has increased a lot. The first thing I do now when I get home is turn on my stereo and listen to some music. The difference from what I had before was nearly night and day.

My more than 2 cents!

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#50175 06/23/04 07:09 PM
OP Offline
THanks guys I have been reading everything that I can get my mouse on and I am amzed be all of the positive information regarding the axiom line. I cant wait to get a set to enjoy for myself. I need to ponder a few more days before I decide.

Mark

#50176 07/01/04 02:00 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
if any of your dealers has paradigm speakers they would be a good thing to audition. paradigm monitor and studio bookshelf speakers should be comparable to axiom m22tis. that would at least give you a rough idea of what to expect.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,231 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup