Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 172 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 171 172
Re: OT: Politics
#53859 10/15/04 12:01 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Not sure what that has to do with what I was saying, but since you mention it, I don't quite understand what the big deal is. As a gay man, I really don't see the issue. Everyone knows Cheney's daughter is gay, it's not like he was "outing" her. I'm not being partisan...I really don't see what the big deal was.

I did find it odd that Bush went on and on about how judges were determining what marriage should be rather then giving the people a voice. He suggested that his endorsement of a constitutional ammendment was done so that the people would have a voice. He failed to mention that the people spoke loudly and clearly that the DO NOT want an ammendment to the constitution on this issue. Strange.

#53860 10/15/04 12:26 AM
shareholder in the making
Bush is not an honest man, and neither is the entire power structure behind (and above) him.

This is why I am voting for Kerry.

#53861 10/15/04 02:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Spiff, I was agreeing with your assertion that liberal politicians ought to say, "Yes, I am a liberal," rather than try to say that a 20 year liberal voting record doesn't make one a liberal. It seems Kerry has suddenly chosen to not be liberal, to be tough on defense and security issues, and to completely (well almost) support the war in Iraq. Like choosing to suddenly not be gay, huh?

Edwards' reference to Cheney's daughter could have been construed as innocent, but Kerry's reference to the sexual orientation of an opponent's child confirmed that these were politically motivated. The first comment didn't generate the reaction they wanted so Kerry hit it again on national TV in a Presidential debate!

The Kerry campaign stood ready with their lines about how the Cheneys' must feel shame over their daughter's "sexual preference" to take such an innocent comment out of context. Please. Edwards' wife doesn't even know how to refer to the gay community in politically correct terms. Her use of the term "sexual preferences" implies CHOICE; Kerry's position is that sexual ORIENTATION is not a choice. The GLBT community specifically prefers use of the term "orientation".

Ms. Edwards needs to learn her correct terminology in order to toe the party line. I'm afraid she just offended us all again.

pmbuko, I no longer click your links. What did it say?

Last edited by BigWill; 10/15/04 02:05 AM.
#53862 10/15/04 01:36 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Checkout this mp3 commercial

My point is this, after listening to that, how can someone call Bush a 'lyer' or that he 'betrayed' this country yet actually believe anything that Kerry says. Yes Kerry won the debates, from the standpoint of how he came across, but 90% of what he said during the debates was either a fabrication of truth or a flat out lie.

This man (Kerry) can not be trusted.

#53863 10/15/04 03:59 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Of course, CNN, CBS, and MSNBC have all been just as biased in their attempts to affect the election

you forgot FOX...

i just receiver my newest issue of the 'american hunter' magazine from the NRA. it has this huge picture of kerry patting ted kennedy on the back and the caption reads, "you tax the guns, and i will tax the ammunition"..

you wanna talk about propaganda!!!! i have been getting this political crap from the NRA ever since the election process began. i believe in the NRA, but i dont believe EVERYTHING they want me to. the scare tactics they use to promote a paranoid mindset among gun owners is second to none. they got it down to a science.. it is actually down right comical to someone that can see thru the BS..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#53864 10/15/04 04:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The NRA is over the top much of the time, but you're not equating their propaganda to the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) bias in news organizations, are you?

#53865 10/15/04 04:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Alright, pmb, I relented and clicked that link. Talk about labels! You're not really basing your vote on that woman's paranoia are you?

#53866 10/15/04 04:39 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

but you're not equating their propaganda to the subtle bias in news organizations

oh no, not at all..

one just made me think of the other.. trust me, the NRA is WAY more out there than the mainstream media ever thought about being. i read the articles in the NRA magazine, and i wonder if these people ever come down to reality. or if they actually believe half the stuff they say..

i mean, the NRA has basically put a halo on bush's head, and a flaming pitchfork in kerrys hand. heaven or hell.. take your pick, gun toting public of america!!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#53867 10/15/04 05:26 PM
No, I'm not basing my vote on that site. But that site does bring together a lot of things I've been watching over the years. It's not all in her head, you know.

#53868 10/15/04 05:48 PM
We haven't heard anything about the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth fellows in a while now, so I thpught I'd bring them back up again -- of course, I have a great reason to do so now.

To set the stage a little bit, we have the SBVfT guys saying that Kerry's account of how he earned his Silver Star was a lie. Kerry says they were under a lot of fire from a numerically superior force. John O'Neill, author of "Unfit for Command," maintains in his book that the statement "is simply false. There was little or no fire."

So how do we get the truth? Well, ABC's Nightline actually went to Vietnam and interviewed Vietnamese that are still living in the area where the incident took place. If you don't care to read the link below, let me just say that Kerry's version of the story is solidly supported.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/print?id=166434

But one of the more interesting parts of the story is the fact that one of the Swift Boat Veterans had the same idea. He went to Vietnam with a cameraman to try to get to the truth as well. When the Vietnamese wouldn't give him the info he wanted, he left.

So basically, everything the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have said about Kerry's war record is a lie, and they knew it all along.

Page 126 of 172 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 171 172

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters