Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ONE
#56768 08/07/04 06:45 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I dare any other speakers to do whatI just experianced.

Metallicas ONE at low level..I mean you could easily talk over this volume, my wife is asleep, and I am doing Metallica!!!

One hit with double bass drums deep and full..this is LOW level. the helicopter at the into FLEW from left to right..like surround.

Hey 19 by steely dan was a Bass guitar masterpiece..at low levels!!

Indigo girls..In love with your ghost...beautiful

Riverdance tracks..amazing

Nirvanna- yeah- at low levels!!!

Styxx was especially clean and clear.

Soundgarden- Black Days..I swear was 3 dimensional

Jimmy Buffet- JAmaica Mistaka..truelly TINNY - wow

Little Wing (not Jimi, but Stevie Ray) is on now...sweet

I cannot say enough times..this is at low volume!

and now I am at a 160 deg angle from my speakers. at my desk.

ok.

enough

i guess you guys know too

Axioms are amazing.

I'm done being stoked!

I am just gonna enjoy

dave

"There is one thing that I know for sure, and that is that I know nothing." ...Socrates
Re: ONE
#56769 08/07/04 10:36 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Try some AC/DC,I listen to Razors edge last night and it sounds sooooooo good on my M80's.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

M80s ?
#56770 08/07/04 11:23 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Obviously the M80 is my choice for LARGE tower at some future time...

how sweet are they?

do they offer just much more range than the 22's? i would imagine they can fill a VERY LARGE room?

considering what I have listened to in these bookshelves...I have to guess the 80's are increadible?

can a large speaker dealwith low volume? or is that best for the small speaks?

can i trade you? HAHA

any way...they are the logical CHRISTMAS present...to the FAMILY of course...LOL

"There is one thing that I know for sure, and that is that I know nothing." ...Socrates
#56771 08/07/04 12:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've gotten so used to answering questions about Axioms, here and at other forums, that I've created a Word document containing most of my standard comments. That saves a lot of typing time, even if it does subject others to, at times, painfully boring redundancy.

Here's one of the paragraphs from that document.

"With music, having owned lesser speakers I had gotten into the habit of cranking up the volume in order to give me the listening experience I wanted (hearing everything). I have found that these speakers do NOT need to be cranked to provide the satisfying experience of hearing everything in the mix."

Here's another incident that supports that statement, and at the same time, indicates there IS something to the psychoacoustic theory.

I had a nice local fellow over to listen to the Axioms, and we were listening away at a healthy volume, when we started to talk a little. Realizing that the volume was making our conversing difficult, I quickly lowered the volume to a level where both conversation and music could be comfortably heard. But, when I did, the thought "UGH, the music at this volume doesn't sound so good, and won't show off the Axioms much" went through my head. After talking for a few minutes, I realized I was thinking "Man this sounds SOOOOOOOO good at this volume.

Moral? If you listen at high volume, short term or long, and change to a substantially lower volume, initially, that lower volume is not going to please. But, if you allow yourself to become accustomed to that lower volume, short term or long, the Axioms are gonna sound great! With Axioms, You do NOT need to listen at loud volumes to have a wonderful listening experience.

I don't know about you, but that sure is different from any other speaker I'VE owned.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#56772 08/07/04 12:53 PM
devotee
devotee
I had my 60s cranking for a while last night. If you have Supertramp Breakfast in America, try it out. I always thought of this as a "mostly treble" album. Uh uh... there are tons of mids and lows in there, and the 60s made mince meat out of it. I also recommend Toto IV.

And yes, even at very low volumes, music sounds sweet in every room on the first floor.

There was a phase there where I really just didn't quite like them, and was about to send them back. I had a few weeks where I just happened to end up being around 5 or 6 really nice high end audio systems. I kept hearing people tell me they had $6000 - $9000 in speakers, and I kept thinking to myself that my system sounded either as good, or better than theirs did. All of a sudden, I found a new love for my M60s. They will be in my home for a long, long, time. I am soooooo glad that I didn't send them back. I'm convinced. I got an awesome deal on excellent sounding speakers.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#56773 08/07/04 05:43 PM
veteran
veteran
you're exactly right about Breakfast in America, especially the first track. Now try -- Crime of the Century. Wow -- both the first track School and the track, Bloody Well Right -- UFB. (sorry, if I got the exact names of the tracks wrong.)

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,007 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup