Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Debadging?
#60631 09/11/04 09:43 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello, I just purchased 3 QS4's which I am quite happy with thus far but was wondering if it is possible to cleanly remove the Axiom badge on the front? I have nothing against the company in any way but just like things to look as clean as possible, I did it to my car too. It just looks better IMO.

Additional QS4 comments...
So far I have been pleased with these overall for both music and movies but have a few comments. First off, I wall mounted all three and found that the binding post plate in the rear would allow almost 100% more room for speaker wire or other clearance if it was recessed. I ran all of my cable through the walls and added a standard wall plate with a hole in it to feed the wire out of and I thought that I would be able to hide it behind the speaker because it is 6.5" tall but the bottom shows a bit due to the bracketry (see below). Not a big deal though as it probably wasn't a design consideration but it might be something to think about in the future. Also, I didn't see any information on the screw in the back of the speaker in the documentation (although now I know it's to secure the bracket to the speaker) and since I used button head screws it wouldn't seat right and I thought it was a really stupid place for a screw for a while.
Thanks for any info and thanks Axiom!

Re: Debadging?
#60632 09/11/04 10:57 PM
M
local
local
M
Hey NegativeC I doubt you'll find many, or any that have tried this. In any event I think the best people to ask are the Axiom staff. They'll have the most experience with the materials of the speakers and would be best suited to tell you how best to remove the badge with out ruining the finish, or even if its possible.

Glad you the the 4's.

Cheers, Jag

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 1,035 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup