Print Thread
Rate Thread
Got my M22's and QS4 and my Rotel RSX-1065
#6714 11/02/02 12:40 AM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I can not believe the quality of music coming out of those speakers!!!!!!!!!!
Gilberto - Corcovada (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars) never sounded this GREAT!!!!!
Thanks for all your posts in helping me pick out the right speakers for me.

Thanks
Saturn

Re: Got my M22's and QS4 and my Rotel RSX-1065
#6715 11/03/02 12:48 AM
devotee
devotee
Welcome to the Axiom family !!

#6716 11/14/02 12:39 AM
regular
regular
Ordered M60ti pair today and looking forward to mating them with my Rotel RSX-1065 as well. Will post a review in the coming weeks.

#6717 11/15/02 05:14 AM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
AlanB: After you get your Rotel RSX-1065 setup tell me what you think. I wanna see if you got any of the same quirks I got from the receiver. I guarantee you will notice nice super clean power true of 120w x 2 speakers or 100w x 5 speakers. Not like other Japanese/Asian recievers or amps that rate there stuff like 100W which is really for only 1 speaker playing but when all 5 channels are playing it would drop to like 40w x 5. The only problem is that the power is clean that you will notice how good or how awful a CD is when it was mastered. Also I want to see if you get issues with your setting for sub crossovers when mated with a sub..thats if you have one or planning to get a sub.

#6718 11/26/02 09:25 PM
regular
regular
I received the M60tis last week and over the weekend and am very pleased with the sound of this speaker. I notice you are selling M22s and thinking about M60s. I highly recommend them. As I have the same Rotel RSX1065 as yourself I concur that the sound is very clean and neutral. I do not like bloated or attenuated bass and the M60s clearly delivered. I played some LeAnne Rimes and not any brightness in my opinion as I have seen on other posts; but maybe I like so called "brightness". My opinion is some are confusing brightness with clearness. I agree with some other reviewers it is true certain products such as the high end B&W (805) have an edge but are also $5000 CDN! or more. Have no sub at the moment so cannot respond to your question of setting sub crossover.Will get a sub only when I get into home theatre. Right now use Rotel for 2 channel stereo; combined with the M60s the performance is stunning. These M60s ain't gonna go anywhere as they are now my reference. There are details (and just as important clarity) in the mixes of CDs which I had not heard before (eg ABBA has a lot of hidden orchestral music). My listening can be described as allowing some omissions in a mix but NO ARTIFACTS. My system: Rotel RCC-955 CD player; Rotel RSX1065 receiver; Axiom M60ti speakers; LAT International interconnects. Enjoy the music!!!

#6719 11/26/02 10:27 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Hey, Alan...I noticed you said you have LAT International interconnects. You're the first fellow LAT-ite I've run across here. Being the cheap so-and-so I am, I only popped for the IC-80 MkII to use with my SACD player, and I'm very pleased so far. How do you like yours?

Craig

#6720 11/27/02 03:18 AM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hey Alan;

You definitely have an awesome setup. With respect to the M22Ti, don't get me wrong I am content in the quality and price for such a great product. Since I am past the 30 days I think I should have opted for the M60 like your setup but I was too late. But now with them I still think they have the best clarity for any bookshelf up to $1200. What I did was move them back as my surrounds. Now my surrounds have the precise, punchy sounds which surprised me. I thought dispersed sounds was good but direct firing was actually very very good. Specially during scenes like in Jurassic Park 2 when you hear the rustling of the tall reedy grass as the raptors surround the people on both sides.

Jazz, Vocals, classical and acoustics sounded amazing with the M22Ti. A speaker should be good enough by itself to handle all types of music without the help of a sub. I always needed a sub with the M22Ti for trance/alternative music or any music that had both high and very low frequency overlapped in the music (Crystal Method).

As for my main fronts I opted with the new Monitor Audio Silver 6 due to it amazing frequency range (from a low 35Hz-30KhZ). It is sooo very clear and clean. Sound stage is great. And the best feature (to me at least) is the size. It has the size like the M40 but the sound and power of the M60. As the saying goes ... let your ears do the walking. Sometimes specs may mislead your choices.
And the looks of the Silver S6.... "Its shaggadelic babeee!!!"

http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/products/silver/index.html

I am waiting to save up some more cash to pick up an Anthem Power Amp because I usually am 70/30 music/movies and I would actually want to try bi-amp my fronts to get a little more detail and depth. I know the Rotel may not be the type of hardware to do bi-amping but it will do for now until I can afford stuff like...Mark Levinson, Krell..etc etc etc

Cheers

#6721 11/27/02 06:01 PM
regular
regular
Hi Craig. I have the IC-Mark II 1 metre RCA interconnects and am very satisfied with them. Although I believe there is a lot of "snake oil" out there, friends recommended LAT and I was very pleased. Ratshack cables and their ilk such as the ones boxed with components are poor quality.I compared the LATs with some local available cables in Vancouver such as transparents and ultralinks and the LATS were more neutral and clear. I am looking to get LAT digital interconnect and there is one on audiogon I might bid on. You as a LAT consumer know their cables infrequently appear in pre-owned audio listings. Why? It is simply because they are good. People are spending too much on cables hoping them to be a crutch to cure ills which really eminate from their electronics; having said that, the quality of your cables should be comparable to the quality of your components. Enjoy the music!

#6722 11/29/02 04:59 PM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Make sure to get a sound meter to balance all the speaker levels. I had my system setup for 2 weeks without leveling the speakers. It sounded good. After that I bought a Radio Shack digital sound meter I never realized how off I was in setting the speakers with my ears. Full Dolby Digital EX sound now is very balanced and true to how it was meant to be heard.
Shaking the walls....bring it on!!!!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup