Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: post deleted
#73004 12/21/04 06:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
If I buy new speakers will you guarantee I won't put on any more weight? Please, I'm begging!

Oh you meant the SPEAKERS are guaranteed. Don't mind me, I'm running on too little sleep and am NOT responsible for anything I say, or do, today.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#73005 12/21/04 06:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Told you it was the cold weather.

j/k

#73006 12/21/04 06:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
...seems to be a lot of that going around today Jack!!!!

My older Axiom AX3's have a "lifetime" guarantee....question is mine or theirs?!?!?!?

#73007 12/21/04 06:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
LOL! Now that was funny!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#73008 12/21/04 06:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
thanks...it was the Scotch talking!!!!

#73009 12/21/04 06:48 PM
shareholder in the making
I personally think that's very fair.

We have an outstanding little community here that costs us users nothing. Respecting our hosts wishes are understandable, especially when they HAVE been so open about discussions of competitors' products.

I had an issue several years ago with a professional video organization I belong to that hosts a BBS section as well. They would not allow ANY mention of their organization unless it was completely and totally positive. They wouldn't allow links because they wanted the stickiness of their site. You couldn't tell someone to go to Sony.com. You would have to post that they should go to a well-known Japanese manufacturers' site that contained four letters and sound reminescent of that old "Mony, Mony" song. I'm dead serious about this. I once was a writer for their magazine, involved in their annual Expo, and representative from my State to the organization. I still belong to the organization for the great group insurance and credit card acceptance rates, but won't go near their website.

I, for on, would like to thank Amie and Ian for hosting us and will certainly respect their reasonable wishes!

EDITED: Actually, to add just one small comment in the interest of being truthful: I meant every word I said above and would never want to do anything that would in any way offend our hosts, but it IS a little bit of a shame that we can't sell used equipment here (even if not speakers).

The only reason I say that is, (without trying to sound too sappy here), I really enjoy being a part of this forum. It's a much, much more close-knit community than any other HT/Audio forums I'm familiar with. I belong to others, but don't visit those sites more than once a week just to see if there any major announcements, etc. Because THIS is the forum that I feel most "at home" in, and these are the people I most feel are "like a familiy", I would be MUCH, MUCH more comfortable buying or selling among these friends than in some other forum.

I don't have anything to sell, and no purchases planned in the near future, so there's no hidden agenda here. My only point is that if I DID want to pick up a piece of used equipment or sell some unneeded audio item, I'd first try to do so among my friends here.

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 12/21/04 07:21 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#73010 12/21/04 06:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I agree...and think I stated that when I posted about competing with the new sales.

Remember, we also do a favour to Axiom - in that we provide a user support tool that would benefit Axiom.

#73011 12/21/04 08:01 PM
M
local
local
M
Totally Agree Mark, well said. It certainly would be nice to buy from folks with whom you're a member of a community as decent as this; however, I think for Axiom its more a question of what if. I don't think the problem is really with this particular post but more with what posts like this could become. It could get out of hand and then reflect poorly on Axiom. If someone were to buy something used here and have problems or even worse get cheated it could be hard for that person to distiguish the difference between the seller and the company and could lead to a misinformed bad rep for Axiom. Thus it's just safer and more prudent for Axiom to prohibit this type of thing. They're just not in the business of facilitating the sale of used gear and can't offer the safeguards such as a site like E-bay can.

Having said that I bet Axiom wouldn't have a problem with anyone posting that they have something available on another site such as E-Bay or Audiogon....(???)

Cheers, Mike

PS: Congrads on your graduation to Addict

#73012 12/21/04 08:05 PM
In reply to:

Having said that I bet Axiom wouldn't have a problem with anyone posting that they have something available on another site such as E-Bay or Audiogon....(???)

I dunno. That's a good question.

Yes, I certainly don't blame them...as I said, I'm thankful for the forum at all.

I guess it's just a shame that everyone (myself included; I make these types of decisions too in my business) always has to tread so carefully because of a (potential) few bad apples.

In reply to:

Congrads on your graduation to Addict

Thanks! I see that you're right behind me. No one ever answered my question as to whether or not we get a free sub or anything!!?? (Watch me get a Blimpie coupon in the mail!!)

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 12/21/04 08:07 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#73013 12/21/04 08:20 PM
aficionado
aficionado
all you may get is an intervention....

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters