Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Re-conditioned or refurbished Receivers from Ecost
#74168 01/02/05 04:53 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones (refurbed) from ecost.When I got them and gave them a listen the left channel was cutting in and out.I called them up and talked to a rep about returning them.Well in the middle of them getting the info for a return I got disconnected.I called them back,while I was waiting for a rep to answer the the phone beeped (two way calling) and I answered it.Well it was the rep from ecost calling back.I thought that was pretty impressive.We got all the details worked out,I receieved the new ones in only a few days.They even waived the handling fee on both sets.I will do buissness with the again.Recommened.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#74169 01/02/05 05:35 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
along with ecost.com, macmall.com(a sister company to ecost) has great deals also. i got a refurb onkyo 701 receiver from them for $429.

and dont have any reservations about refurb equip. it is just as good, with maybe a dent or scratch.. well worth the savings if you ask me.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
Re: Re-conditioned or refurbished Receivers from E
#74170 01/02/05 08:00 PM
local
local
No doubt Dakmart suceeds in filling orders satisifactorily in most cases, when they don't though I think the customer can count on getting screwed. In my case the charged my credit card right away and shortly afterward they sent a tracking number. When I checked on shipment the tracking number had been voided. I emailed them twice over the next few cays about the order and never got any response. 10 days later I sent them an email canceling the order and made the same purchase from ecost where the reciever was 25% lower in price plus shipping free. The ecost receiver arrived and I thought that was the end of it.

About 30 hours after I sent the cancelation email to Dakmart they actually shipped the reciever which arrived after the ecost unit ordered 10 days later than the one from Dakmart. I refused delivery on the Dakmart unit and called Dakmart. No-one answered the phone and after several tries I finally got an aswering machine. No-one ever called back or responded to several messages. I put the charge into dispute with the credit card company and they credited my account for the full amount. Two months later Dakmart refunded my money minus a 20% restocking fee and shipping charges which totaled nearly 40% the cost of the unit. My credit card was then redebitted for the full purchase cost. The credit card company sent me notification of this with a written statement from Dakmart stating that they had shipped the unit within 24 hours and this was their standard policy for returned merchandise. I mailed copies of the actual tracking log showing that the Dakmart unit had not shipped until 11 days after the order, along with a hard copy of my cancelation email to Dakmart to both Dakmart the credit card company.

Finally three months after the saga began, Dakmart responded with an email stating sorry this is their policy. They absolutely refused to acknowledge any of the facts in the case: the actual ship date, the documented cancellation prior to shipping, or their false statement to the credit card company regarding their performace. They just kept repeated sorry we won't change our policy. That's when I went online to find out about customer satisfaction with Dakmart and found their .23 out of 10 rating.

I am being so long winded here because I just hate companies that treat people like this. Ebay and companies like Axiom, HSU, SVS and Outlaw have none a lot to foster a high level of service in internet commerce. Dakmart takes it down to a level below the worst brick and morter joints because you can't fight back except through the credit card companies. If I had an experience like this with a brick and morter store I have no problem taking it to court just to make a point about the cost of doing business like this. But accross state lines what can you do but spread the word where you can.

So I feel a duty to warn people off Dakmart whenever I can. I'm sure ecost has its problems too but they manage to attract a customer satifaction rating 25 times better than Dakmart. From the comments I read nobody who has a problem with Dakmart gets a satisfactory outcome.

Mark
#74171 01/02/05 09:14 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
MMD55: Geez, from that post alone, I'll avoid them like the plague.

I'm a successful business person who knows darn well such comments are damming to a business's success. The cliché, "what comes around goes around” is very true. If they continue to tell you, "…sorry, it's our policy" then I simply say, "Policy is arbitrary; change it! Do better business usualy equates into doing more business". What complete morons.

#74172 01/03/05 12:38 AM
local
local
Yes, well it was clear to me that Dakmart's real policy is: Screw repeat business, as long as we make a little off every attemped transaction, even if we have to lie to get our money, there ais an endless suply of fresh customers available with the internet work for us.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my credit card company. If they don't make it good with a merchant that it has been documented lied to them, well they at least face stiff competition and I will be saying adios to them as well.

Mark
#74173 01/03/05 12:42 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not going to chance it with them.

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
#74174 01/03/05 07:00 PM
local
local
I also had a bad experience buying an HK receiver from ECost. They sent out a faulty one-they aren't a licensed HK seller and it turned out to be a nightmare. They wouldn't authorize a return and basically stuck me with a high priced paperweight. Customer service was horrible and the people were incredibly rude. I had to turn everything over to my credit card company and they dealt with Ecost. I ended up buying a refurb HK630 from HK's Ebay store. I got it for $510 and couldn't be happier with HK's customer service or equipment.

M22's, VP150, QS4's, HK 630, HSU VTF3-MKII
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,007 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup