Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Guilty Pleasures....
#75328 01/08/05 05:27 PM
aficionado
aficionado
You said it . I know what you're thinking .

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
#75329 01/08/05 05:33 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
Jack:
I have the best of Abba... Hey, it's fun!

You should really try an episode or two of Buffy. You can't say you're not interested if you haven't watched it!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#75330 01/08/05 06:32 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Musically, I am a sucker for strong voices and/or good harmony. Therefore ABBA, John Denver, The Irish Tenors, Richard Marx.

Movies - Notting Hill, American President, Mr. Holland's Opus, Brian's Song (the original), A League of Their Own, The Natural, Pride of the Yankees, Return To Me, Serendipity.

#75331 01/08/05 07:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
well.... Enya....

This isint the kind of music you play when your bros are comin over for a bachelor party but i will admit that i like it. Its soothing and has good melodies and stuff lik'e dat.

#75332 01/08/05 09:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ok, I've got the worst one - but I have a disclaimer! I heard Native Love by Divine for the first time when I was 18 at a club. It just so happens that I was drunk for the first time as well. (This may have something to do with it.) Man it's a bad song, but that incessant beat and cow bell takes me back everytime. I usually only pull it out about once a year.

Here are some others I listen to with more frequency, that aren't nearly as bad (well maybe):

Conway Twitty - I'd Just Love To Lay You Down
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Destiny's Child - Bootylicious
Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
Otis Redding - These Arms of Mine
Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
Robert John - Sad Eyes
Grease Sound Track - You're the One that I want
Sister Sledge-We are Family

Obviously, these are when I'm in my "Cheezy Nostalgia" mood.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
#75333 01/09/05 06:34 AM
axiomite
axiomite
LOST on ABC. Boy that show sucks, but I watch it every week.

My favorite line from 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert" is when Terrance Stamp's character finally gets fed up with all the Abba that's been playing and says "NO MORE F%#@ING ABBA."

I couldn't agree more.

#75334 01/09/05 06:41 AM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

Boy that show sucks

I humbly disagree. Yeah, the acting isn't world-class (and neither is the dialogue), and I'm not learning anything relevatory about the human condition or anything like that. But it's worse than a @#$! crack habit. I can't NOT watch the show. I've gotta see what happens next. I've gotta talk about it with my buddy at work the next day. 7pm on Wednesdays, my ass is glued in front of the set. And if you can do that to millions of viewers, I don't think your show sucks. I do know what you meant, though. I just don't think you should consider it a guilty pleasure.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds
#75335 01/09/05 06:57 AM
I've always found it interesting how people can get so sucked into a TV show that they cannot stop themselves from watching it. That hasn't happened to me since Star Trek TNG and Deep Space 9 were on. And I even sat through commercials for those shows.

My current lack of TV show addiction kinda leaves me without much to say to other people trying to make small talk.

"So, did you see Survivor last night?"
"Uh, nope."
"How about LOST?"
"Nope."
"Desperate Housewives?"
"Nuh-uh."
"I thought you had a TV!"

-- you get the picture.

#75336 01/09/05 02:54 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Oh Peter, you're so uncool! Until HDTV, I didn't watch any primetime network TV, other than sports, movies, and news. NONE! ZIP! ZERO! NADA! And, I still don't watch any of the reality shows, except an occasional "Extreme Makeover, Home Edition." I have to admit I'm being "Jerry Bruckheimer"ed ad nauseum.

Mike I gotta agree with Spiff on this one. Both, on the quality of the show, and with the fact that I watch it every week. It's the old soap opera thing. Gotta find out what the monster really is; Who is the French woman and what's she all about; etc. If each week's show was an entire episode, with all questions resolved at it's conclusion, I wonder what the ratings would be.

Anybody but me adore "Boston Legal" (Oh good! It's on tonight). I think James Spader and William Shatner (especially Shatner) are a hoot. I love the end of each show where they sit in someone's office, share a drink and cigar, and talk. I enjoy the banter, and admire the witty repartee. The episode where Shatner has always wanted to have sex with a one legged woman had me on the floor. Hard to explain, but the show just pushes all my buttons in the right way. I'd understand completely if no one else liked it at all.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#75337 01/09/05 03:04 PM
OP Offline
You know, I thought I would dislike "Lost" because of what I saw as gimmicks.... the unseen "monster", etc....(sorry Noel).

When I had first heard about the show, I thought "What a great idea"... imagine a group of people stranded on an island. (with writing, not a reality show). How will they learn to iron out differences? How will they use their strengths? How will they deal with the loss of others? What a great opportunity for deep drama!"

Then I heard about the "unseen monster, the weird "happenings" and I thought "They blew it. As usual, they had to dangle shiney trinkets in the American Audiences' eyes. What a shame; they had a good basic plot to deal with the human condition and they had to sweeten it."

But, I admit, I'm hooked too.

The series better not just "end" though (ala "Boston Public", another past guilty pleasure) without some damn answers!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020