Print Thread
Rate Thread
Basic calibration
#91744 04/21/05 05:34 PM
dbbx0 Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Hey, me again. Just got the SVS 20-39 PC-Plus yesterday. I hooked it up and just amazed how it works. It was awesome but I know I've got more calibration to do. Do you guys have some quick notes or links that could be shared to me. I need to know a lot. I've seen some graphs you guys posted here like the response curve and what not and I don't have any idea what's that for (Sorry, I'm just a newbie). I don't have my SPL yet but would be getting one.

At first the sub was a bit boomy, so I moved away from the wall and lower the gain a bit... and it worked. Don't know if that's the right way to tune. The phase, I just don't know how should I calibrate it to proper setting. Obviously, I don't know how to calibrate. If you gentlemen share some tips and tricks,I would really appreciate it.

Re: Basic calibration
#91745 04/21/05 06:05 PM
old hand
old hand
dbbx0,

As a fellow 20-39 PC+ owner(twins as a matter of fact) welcome aboard!

An SPL meter is a MUST for sure for proper calibration. Here is the website that explains about the charts you saw explaining the response curve.

http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

SVS has a spot on their web site that talks about basic calibrating that you should read though as well..

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter

If you have further questions feel free to ask. We were all in your shoes at one time with a lot of questions and there are a great bunch of guys around here that loves helping out..

Regards...
Rick

Re: Basic calibration
#91746 04/21/05 06:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
A Quick Overview of Home Theater Calibration

Essential Accessories: The Radio Shack Sound Pressure Level Meter

AN INTRODUCTION TO TEST & CALIBRATION DVDS aka "Why the hell do I need one of these things?" Scroll down and you'll find a wealth of info including "THE DIFFERENT DISCS AND THEIR ATTRIBUTES."

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020