I've had an Anthem PVA-5 5 channel amplifier driving center, side and back surrounds in my old HT system in my old house. I used to use a big Onkyo M504 for the front speakers (M60 like Michaura M665s). I didn't think much of the Anthem - until now.

I've streamlined my office HT system, Sony TA E9000ES (VER 2.50 Firmware) 5.2 processor, the Anthem PVA 5, a pair of Michaura M665 (M60 like towers on short marble stands), Sony DVD player (Philips SACD1000 did not survive the move), a pair of Mission M77ds side surround speakers (alternate with a pair of M2s to see which I like better), modified Merak center channel speaker, Dahlquist PDQ1500 subwoofer (waiting to hook up the Klipsch LF10 as well).

The Anthem is a wonderful amplifier - quick, detailed, airy - throws an enormous sound stage - very natural sounding. I was listening to some piano concertos and was very impressed with this amp - reproducing piano is a challenge for systems, and this one well - pianos sound like pianos.

Anyway, I take back my previous damned with faint praise estimation of the PVA-5, this is a great multichannel amp.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.