Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Any sports fans here?
#98693 06/15/05 07:49 PM
veteran
veteran
bigwill2,

----TEAM "Together Everyone Achieves More"----

havn't heard that one in awhile..... so true so true

every pro sports athlete on a team should be forced to read this 10x a day!!

#98694 06/15/05 07:51 PM
TNTguy Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I have heard many fans describe a World Cup match as "electric." I really need to get to one of these some day. If the opportunity arises, I will defintely go.

Funny how I used to think that Nascar wasn't that popular. IIRC, Nascar either ranks first or second behind the NFL in attendance here in the US. I guess it really is popular.

I keep wondering why Phil would come back to the Lakers after what happened previously. To date Jeannie Buss again maybe?

I looked over the PDA site. That is pretty cool.

I am also a big Utah Jazz fan. It's been a tough fall from the consistent winning ways of Stockton and Malone to what the Jazz have going now. Hopefully the Jazz can get someone who can help them at #6 in the draft. One thing that is unfortunate is that because of the impending lockout at the end of the month, there will probably be no Rocky Mountain Revue here this summer. The Revue is a gathering in July of about 10 NBA teams composed of rookies and second year players. It's a blast to go to because for a mere $20 a day you can watch NBA talent with great seats and the games run all day long. Ben Gordon of the Bulls really stood out last year at the Revue with his play and I felt he would be a very solid NBA player. Great shooter with unbelievable quicks.

#98695 06/15/05 09:18 PM
aficionado
aficionado
TNTguy: There is a great opportunity soon for you to attend a World Cup soccer match: Next summer (2006) in Germany!!! Qualifying rounds are not over yet and so no fixtures yet, but you probably have to get tickets as soon as they are for sale, as they will be sold out soon for the best games.

Also airfare from USA to Germany is relatively cheap.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3
#98696 06/15/05 09:36 PM
aficionado
aficionado
DONT FORGET YOUR RIOT GEAR!!!!

#98697 06/16/05 01:26 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Mostly football nut here(volunteer coaching for five years at the high school level), following the Browns and Wolverines and watching about a zillion games every week during the season.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#98698 06/16/05 04:24 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm indifferent to Hockey, its actually pretty big in our town thou...

I can't stand Baseball and Golf... even thou the College World Series is in my town.

Basketball is my favorite sport to play, I don't watch it too much, mainly just March Madness and NBA playoffs (GO PISTONS!!!).

Football, now thats the ticket. I enjoy the NFL but I LIVE for College Football (can't ya tell by my Avatar ) I don't just follow the Huskers (although I bleed Husker Red), all of College Football is just more interesting to me than any other sport.

#98699 06/16/05 05:10 AM
devotee
devotee
Giants
Yankees
I bleed Blue, and it comes out in Pinstripes.

NHL - Playoffs only - if they ever make it back
NBA - Playoffs only - Change teams yearly
Motorcycle Racing on Speedvision - No Dirt Track
Women's Tennis - Better Competition, more interesting personalities, pretty damn close to the same level of play, and breasts... What's not to like?
Sometimes Televised Fishing- (trying to come up with a comment about how stupid and boring this can be, but wierdly addictive if you are a fisherman...)
Golf - on TV only - very wierd attraction - Hate the sport from a particapitory aspect- I will never pick up a club except for "Pootie Golf" where I use a 9 Iron to launch Dog Poo from in front of my mailbox out into the center of the road in front of my house. It is such a regular occurance that I'm thinking of putting a flag out in the middle of the road to aim for. No Idea what my handicap is.
But on TV, on the couch, there is nothing better to doze an afternoon away to than televised golf. The nice pictures, the quiet, soothing voices, chuckling at the Buick commercials, ect... Does anyone else out there find it amusing that one of Daley's (last/only)Corporate sponsers is Hooters? Drinking problem. Weight problem. Women problem. Sponsers dumping him problem. Give his agent an A+ for creativity, but an E- in problem solving...
College Lacrosse- This is a great televised sport. Even better in person. And even better if you have ever been knocked out cold, or knocked someone else out cold, while playing lacrosse!
Boxing - I know it is getting pretty Non-PC, but a good fight is great entertainment.

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900
#98700 06/16/05 05:16 AM
devotee
devotee
OK,
I've gotta joke here...
What does the "N" on a Nebraska helmet stand for?
"Knowledge"

(It may not play out as well in print...)

Sorry Man,
I have no likes/dislikes for any college football team, I've just always thought it was a funny joke.

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900
#98701 06/16/05 02:33 PM
regular
regular
disc golf is everywhere, started playing in college 5-6 years ago and have not been able to stop, i try to play courses everywhere i travel. in northern indiana there is even a private course, it is amazing how much the sport has grown in recent years.
then there is soccer, anyone watching the U-20 matches? incredible young talent.
after that, there is hockey-mainly NHL or college, being that they are the only games televised, actually got to see some good hockey this winter, went to a few games to watch the local team (indianpolis ice)
and finally college football, mainly big 10, purdue football .......but just my 2 cents.

frenche onkyo 801 hitachi 57s715 m60's
#98702 06/16/05 04:14 PM
aficionado
aficionado
For those who like soccer, I would strongly suggest you watch Confederation Cup going on now in Germany. National teams of Brasil, Germany, Greece, Argentina, Japan, Mexico, Australia, Tunisia play (basically all continents competition winners) and they all have their best line-ups!!! I watched yesterday Germany-Australia 4-3 and was a great match!! This tournament is kinda mini World Cup!!

In USA it is broadcasted by Univision, TElefutura, and Galavision (I get them all with Dish Network). I know it is all in Spanish, but it is worth it. I actually don't speak any Spanish at all myself...

Great game today at 3PM ET Brasil-Greece on telefutura (channel 830 Dish Eastern Feed)!!!

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 1,035 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup