I am trying to find a solution for the QS4 surround speakers that will work for me and my wife and the look of our room that we are creating. I am not willing to compromise on the accoustics of the room and she would rather not have a speaker sticking out. I was wondering if you could offer any suggestions on how we could hide the speaker? As a side thought, is the speaker available in a finish where it could be painted to match the existing wall color of the room (unfortunately the room is not going to be white but red)? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--Eric

-----

Hi Eric,
Yes, you can get the QS4s in a paintable finish for 12% more than the standard vinyl finish. There is a wait period of no more than 4 weeks for any Custom order. You'll need to call the Axiom toll-free number and specify that you want the QS4s in a paintable finish. There really is no way to hide the QS4 without severely compromising its performance--it has woofers on the top and bottom and angled tweeters, so it needs to retain its multi-directional dispersion to deliver its superior surround envelopment.

You could point out to your wife that the QS4s are really compact and once mounted flush to the wall, they are not obtrusive at all. An alternative would be to use our Full Metal Ceiling Bracket... and hang them from the ceiling where they'd be barely noticeable. At an interior design show in Toronto where we sponsored a mock-up home that contained a full 5.1 home theater system in the living room, the QS4s were ceiling-mounted and painted to match the designer color of the walls. Thousands of attendees didn't even notice them--I had to point them out to showgoers.

Regards,

Alan Lofft

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)