Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Has anyone heard from Murph?
#410879 03/18/15 01:40 AM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I fear he's been permanently buried in the mini-ice age that hit the east coast.

Hmm, maybe he's tunneling his way into Charlotte Town?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Re: Has anyone heard from Murph?
fredk #410882 03/18/15 10:47 AM
shareholder in the making
I've been wondering the same thing, Fred!

As a matter of fact, I started noticing that he wasn't around a month ago and he STILL has not checked in since then!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
fredk #410883 03/18/15 11:10 AM
I had three different email addresses for him and sent him the following:

{Begin Official Message} It has been 35 days since you checked in on the Axiom boards. This is your official nudge-nudge to make sure that you’re OK! Please respond in some manner, or the harassing cell phone calls will begin. {End of Official Message}

fredk #410886 03/18/15 02:22 PM
I heard back from Murph. He's serving 10-20 years in prison for developing a moonshine operation that produces an efficient ice-melting liquid that works to -60C.

He said that the government is in the back pocket of the salt industry and that he was framed.

Other than that, he's OK. Just been really busy at work and got out of the habit of checking in here as mandated. smile

MarkSJohnson #410904 03/19/15 04:39 AM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
They let him work from Jail? Those down-easter's are sooo nice. smile

Its good to hear he's OK.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #411540 04/19/15 07:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ha.
Nice to see someone missed me. Thanks!

As Mark said, work became nuts after we were bought out completely buy our major shareholder, Bell Canada. We went through the usual process of "right sizing" (What an obnoxious term that is!) and although I survived, those of us left sometimes wondered if the others were the lucky ones. I just had no time for social stuff and avoided computers like the plague when I'd eventually get home for the evening.

Of course, that scenario did not last forever and it soon got back to a relative normal. Honestly, as Mark mentioned, for the last month or longer I just have been out of the habit of checking on on the couple of boards I like to frequent. Habits can be hard to break but they can also be hard to restart sometimes, it seems.

And yes! Winter was nuts!! I've never seen anything like it. We dubbed the last blizzard "The Snowpocolypse." It was 4 days after before my road was plowed and even then it was barely a single lane for another 4 days.

I had a 24 foot, no exaggeration, drift at the end of my driveway where it simply piled up the space between the trees with snow. It was a week after that before our guy with a tractor who does our lane got us blown out because he had to wait for the weekend when they could spend hours at it together with a front end loader because there was literally no where left for him to blow the snow.

Luckily I was off the Island at the time of the storm so my truck was not trapped down at the house. I was able to park at a neighbours and we snowshoed to our house for that week and a half. It was kind of fun in a rustic kind of way but taking groceries down to our house bungeed to a toboggan is not something I care to repeat many more times.

So ya! It has been one he'll of a winter. I normally love snow but I'm really looking forward to Summer now.

I hope everyone was well while I was gone. Someone Needs to write up a Cole's Notes version of everything that happened when I was gone. Bob provided one already but I find it hard to believe that so many people here would do so many unmentionable things.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #411542 04/19/15 07:28 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Murph
Ha.
Bob provided one already but I find it hard to believe that so many people here would do so many unmentionable things.

Hold the presses! I thought everything I wrote was unmentionable. I'm losin' it. Now I've got to proof, edit, AND re-grossify everything. No wonder you have less time when you get old. It takes a while to figure out you've already gone to the Post Office today, twice.

Last edited by BobKay; 04/19/15 07:28 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
fredk #411603 04/22/15 11:49 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I didn't release the list. I was hacked by Snowden.

Murph #411808 04/28/15 04:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Murph
Ha.
Nice to see someone missed me. Thanks!

As Mark said, work became nuts after we were bought out completely buy our major shareholder, Bell Canada. We went through the usual process of "right sizing" (What an obnoxious term that is!) and although I survived, those of us left sometimes wondered if the others were the lucky ones.

There's alot of that going around here out west now.
Things are getting ugly and the lag time until consequences are realized is barely starting.
At least you have all that snow to keep you busy as a 'second' job. Some poor neighborhood kid shoveling driveways this winter probably made a mint and may also need to retire from exhaustion!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
fredk #411863 04/30/15 08:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Indeed. Everywhere it seems.

Some day I get some extra minutes I'm going to post some snow pictures here. It is finally melting now but it was unreal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters