Had a scare yesterday during a ECM swap for my vette. Did an initial write to the new ECM, walked away to let it soak prior to starting the calibration process, and was met by a black screen telling me the hard drive could not be found. Realized I was screwed big time, cause I had not backed up the drive for months. Panic set in....Cycled power and Windows 10 rebooted and all was golden. Immediately backed up the drive....whew...

Got to thinking about how lucky I got, and I better have a backup drive. Maybe this one is dieing, I dunno.....but I want to be prepared. Figured I'd go the Solid State route based on some feedback I got from you guys on drives when you helped me pick out a new laptop last year. Yah, I know, you told me go SSHD....

I have a 4T external drive, so I'm thinking an internal drive thats 500g should be plenty. Started surfing today and was quickly overwhelmed by the choices.

So what's the collective Axiom Forum IT brain trust think I should get? My laptop is an HP Envy 360 with the 15" screen.