Print Thread
Rate Thread
Acurus + Axiom?
#429 11/07/01 09:20 AM
W
Wayne Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I recently inherited a new Acurus 125x5 power amplifier, which is a considerable improvement over my old Yamaha RX-V10, a small aluminum faced receiver that puts out 45 w/ch. Unfortunately, I don't think my old Infinity RS-4s are up to the task either and am seriously considering an Axiom speaker.

Due to geographical location, I do not have the luxury of auditioning neither the Acurus amp nor any Axiom speaker -- the local hifi shops here simply don't carry these lines. So the question really is what speaker would fit the Acurus best?

My listening preferences are about 60% music, 40% HT. My music listening habits are pretty broad: predominantly jazz, classical/opera, fusion, bossa, lounge, and ambient. Occasionally some drum/bass and rock. The room is 17 feet by 13 feet, with hardwood floors and a cathedral ceiling (I live in a downtown/urban renovated rowhouse).

Current System:
Acurus 125x5
Yamaha RX-V10 (this will be temporarily used as a preamp until I find a good preamp...any suggestions?)
Infinity RS-4 (used as fronts)
Sunfire True Subwoofer Junior

As you can see, the Acurus and Sunfire will probably go well together, but everything else will have to go. Any speaker suggestions would be great. The one contingent is that I am looking for something reasonably compact (no von-schweikert tower of powers here) -- any size bookshelf or a smaller tower speaker will do -- since I do live in a rowhouse. Thanks!

Re: Acurus + Axiom?
#430 11/07/01 10:23 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
The M22 was designed exactly for your situation. This bookshelf speaker is a very accurate reproducer with the power and output capabilities of a tower. The match should be perfect with your new amp and existing sub-woofer.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615