Hi All
First time poster but long time axiom fan. particularly the subwoofers.

I'm looking for subwoofers for my primary system. I'm considering a pair of EP800s.

One of my favorite things about axiom subwoofers is the tone. I find a lot of subwoofers, while they go deep and they can play loud, they just don't have any soul. The EP 500 and 600 have great tone and character. there's a texture to the bass that I really like.

A few years back I attended a subwoofer shootout, the challengers were the SVS PB13 ultra, Velo DD15, JL F112, and EP600. my favorite by a fair margin was the EP600, coming in I expected it to be at the bottom! I owned one for a while after that but eventually sold to try other things.

I've recently bought an EP500v2 for my secondary system, and am immediately reminded what I love about axiom subs.

After all that, my question is now this - I love the specs on the 800, and the look of it. However it is now a sealed design and not ported like all other axiom subs I've listened to and owned. Is there anyone out there who has upgraded from a 500 or 600 to ep800, and can you comment on the tone of the sub? the character?

TIA!!