Axiomicians,
made up that word a second back...

When I watch Kill Bill, or Terminator 2, *some* dialogs don't appear to be anchored to the TV, but appear to originate from the center channel speaker. Currently, the center channel speaker is placed *over* the TV, aiming downwards.

This is slightly puzzling because this issue doesn't surface with all movie dialogs. For example, in Kill Bill 1, during Uma's introduction prior to the fight sequence with Vivica, her voice appears to come from above the TV. However, other dialogs appear to come from the center of the TV. Again, David Carradine's voice sometimes appears to come from above the TV, but some of the other actor's voices come normally (from the center of the TV).

I observed the same issue when watching Terminator 2.

I know Alan L recommends against the use of the equalizer feature in the 3805 receiver. However, when I turned it on (normal), the spatial issues disappear, and any and all dialogs are firmly anchored to the center of the TV. The side effect is that some voices get to be deeper (unnatural).

How do I fix this issue without needing to color the sound by enabling the room equalizer feature ... any tips/advice would be appreciated. Hopefully, this will not include the need to add a second center

Thanks very much guys.
Ananth

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3