The low-level RCA input and output connectors on my EP500 amplifier have come loose and the input connector is no longer working (unless I apply constant pressure to it to make a connection). So I'm trying to determine the best way to address this issue so that I can continue to use my sub. I have three options and was wondering what the forum members thought would be the best option, keeping cost in mind.

1. Purchase a new EP500 amplifier from Axiom and continue to use the RCA input from my receiver with the new amplifier. I have ~$130 in referral credits at Axiom - can I use this credit for a subwoofer amp or does it need to be used on a new product? I originally purchased the EP500 V2 but I had to swap out the amplifier under warranty for a bad volume gain so I'm not sure if I have a V2 or V3 amplifier. How much would a new EP500 amplifier cost? Would a V4 amplifier be compatible with my V2 enclosure/driver?

2. Purchase a 10-15 foot RCA-to-XLR cable and connect the RCA subwoofer out from my receiver to the XLR input on the sub amp. I suspect this might work but I'm not certain if there would be any line level impedance/voltage differences that would cause an issue. And I'm not certain if I need to convert the unbalanced RCA output to a balanced XLR input and this cable is simply an unbalanced RCA-to-XLR connection. This option should be the cheapest as I'm just buying a cable (maybe $10-40).

3. Purchase something like the ART CleanBox Pro RCA-to-XLR unbalanced-to-balanced converter. I already have a long 15 ft XLR cable that I used with my previous receiver that had XLR sub outputs. This seems like it would work and would likely cost between $70-100 depending on where I can find it in Canada. My only concern is whether or not adding an active converter would mess with the frequency response between 18-80 Hz. I do use Audyssey Room Correction (MultiEQ XT32) in my receiver which could compensate for some of the frequency attenuation (if it occurs).

Anyways - just wondering what some of the forum members think of these options. I'm planning on calling Axiom customer service tomorrow to get some advice as well.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan