They put the speaker on a pedestal with a mic 2 meters away inside the chamber. They measure the amplitude response. They spin the speaker 7.5 degrees and again measure the response. They keep doing this until they've spun the speaker 360 degrees. Then they lay it down flat and repeat all over again. They end up with two sets of measurements. These sets are called The Family of Curves.

The set of curves +/- 30 degrees with the speaker standing up is called the Listening Window. It's called that because listeners are typically seated within that 30 degree arc. The averaged response of all measurements is called the Sound Power. This represents the acoustic intensity (flux) that intersects the surface of an imaginary sphere around the speaker. Both curves are plotted as SPL vs. Frequency.

When the Listening Window and Sound Power curves ride on top of each other, and decline at roughly 3dB per decade of frequency, magic happens. Speakers and room disappear and all you're left with is the performance. That's active LFR magic.

For sure Axiom has target curves of their own recipe. I know this because I've heard most of the v4 in my own home...and their tone, imaging and soundstage sound similar no matter what their price. This is quite an amazing thing! You don't get poor acoustic quality with smaller, cheaper models.