An update on the new gear front, some headway is being made but covid has indirectly slowed things down.
Since the pandemic start, electronics supplies and inventory have tanked, understandably so. Some prices have also increased as a result. The original plan was to have the remaining gear purchased by this time last year and since the situation is ongoing, it will likely not be until this time NEXT year (2022) before everything gets into place.

So the headway made?
The new tv was bought and finally arrived (after 3 months). The LG CX 77".
https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled77cxpua-oled-4k-tv

Expecting to pickup a used Emotiva pre-pro for the main floor to replace the aged Cambridge Audio unit and completely move away from legacy connectors and gear with only legacy connectors (e.g. component video). Problem was that processors are damn expensive! Trying to find a pre-pro for a reasonable price that isn't over $1500 even used and 5 year old gear is brutal. If this works out well, i'm going to become an Emotiva and Outlaw Audio fanboy for the prices they put out gear!

Have settled on a new bluray player so the aged DVDp can be moved on and sold. Looking at the Sony UBP X800. I don't have many DVD-A discs, but i have a few. If i ever want to listen to them, i need a player that plays the format and sadly Panasonics do not, nor do the lower cost Sony's (of course).
[sigh]
But at least i can probably pick that up in the next week as it appears to be in stock. This will be the last disc player i will ever buy.

Still waiting to get a new (likely Denon) AVR to replace the aged Onkyo in the media room.

Moving to a 7.2 system so the Axiom speaker switcharound (supposed to happen last year) got put on hold until a new AVR can be obtained. The old Onk is only 5.1.

The hunt is still on for a main floor amp replacement (looking for a used Parasound Halo since i can't seem to find anything else that fits all my criteria) so that the Anthem amp will join the new AVR in the media room to power the three front speakers. I've considered some newer Class D amps, but IMO, they are WAY overpriced for the level/amount of electronics inside the boxes. I swear these things don't cost more than $100 in actual materials. The markup seems crazy high. Love the idea they are >90% efficient, put out tons of power but weigh often less than 30 pounds. Been watching alot of Amir's technical tear aparts and measurements of amps.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...phono-preamp-and-analog-audio-review.13/
Really interesting stuff. He completely turned me off of ever considering a Marantz AVR but the parent company that owns both Denon and Marantz obviously runs two separate companies as the Denon AVRs get some pretty solid measurements even compared to some boutique name brands separate components while it was apparent the engineering crew at Marantz put some filters into the path which even caused a frequency rolloff around the 10kHz mark; something you never see in amp/receiver tests (usually nothing but a straight line to 20kHz). Maybe Axiom or Mojo could submit an Axiom amp for Amir to review.
Darn curious to see those results.