Kicked back last night, in the old Eames chair, after filing a brief, and listened to some music, Soundstage on Cox cable. Don't know why, but the cable music in my place sounds really good. Much more convenient than streaming and certainly much more convenient than vinyl.

Big BAT tube monoblocks' tubes giving off their dull red glow, taking the chill out of the room. Tubes, man! You must try them someday.

So impressed by the M80 V2s! Last night they sounded just great! They could use that last octave of bass, but, their bass is pretty pure for as low as they go. They are great speakers.

These are in a Boston Cherry vinyl finish, still flawless after all these years. Piano music is a real test for speakers. These old girls passed with flying colors! The key strikes are so pure! Very impressive. Strings? Oh my yes, they do those very well too. Cellos are rich, mids are really excellent! Horns are respectably blatty. Jiminy Cricket but these speakers are really good!

You know what it all boils down to? Music that moves you, that touches your soul. These speakers work. They bridge the mundane and the transcendent.

Still waiting for the Wilsons. I will report once I get those into my system.