Originally Posted by 2x6spds
these M80v2s are sounding really good. Drums are tight, high hats sparkle, horns blat. Silly good.
I first started following Axiom because I really liked their design philosophy, direct to consumer pricing, and because I believed what was being said on this board. It all made sense to me ... Back then the V2 was in its hey day and the people here were raving over them as being high-end speakers without the high-end price.

Roll the clock forward to V4 and for a while one would think that the V2 was terrible from the way some on the board bashed them comparing them to the new V4s. Granted I'm sure the V4 was a big improvement (from what has been said a lot of the improvements has to do with better imaging and dynamics) but how bad could they be ... I mean a few years earlier they were the greatest thing since talking pictures, sliced cheese, and Elvis ...

Anyway ... It make sense that the V2 is still a very good speaker and I'm glad that people still love them.

P.S. I'm sure if V5s came out someone would start trashing the old V4s ... but knowing these speakers the improvements are going to be subtle ... at least till a new format comes out to blow away two channel music.