Originally Posted by TrevorM
Youve owned a few. Which one gets your nod, all things considered?

I am a fan of every single v4.

I put down the M3v4 a lot but that's only because it isn't linear and it shows. Nonetheless, like vinyl, tape and tubes, it is very enjoyable. I'm not kidding when I say I'd like to have a DSP that allows me to set between modern and retro hi-fi. All it would have to do for retro is boost channel cross-talk, add some white noise, and attenuate the top and bottom end. You could even add a tube mode that adds harmonic distortion and glows the DSP with the blue lasers that Andrew loves to blind us with.

The biggest shock of my life was the sound quality of the M2 and M5 on-walls. I still haven't picked my jaw up from the floor.

I'll leave the centre, subs and surrounds out of it. Out of the v4 M2, M3, M5, M50, M100 and active LFR, the M2 takes top honors. OW and bookshelf. Easy, easy, easy system integration, acoustic holography with no revealing of the speakers, and audiophile-level sound quality within its operating specifications. All at an extremely affordable price, in choice of finishes, great member benefits and delivered to your door.

BTW, the easy integration with the room is largely a function of the vicious cut-off below 60Hz. They can still be enjoyed without a sub though with room support. The easy integration with electronics is due to their impedance and sensitivity. Their characteristics makes them a great match for those applications where room correction isn't available or desired.

Now some will say it's thin-sounding. Fair enough. Add a sub. Or go M3 for warmth or M5 for warmth and more linearity. But those aren't perfect within their operating specifications like the M2 is.