Originally Posted by Slava_Ukraini
The new Active LFR are getting powered by two 5 channel ADA1500 and I can not personally that I am hearing the night and day improvement from regular listening volumes. The Active can get louder than my old ones. I have set my Pre to limit the volume to -15db. Working on the concept that sound volume doubles every 10db, I know full well that I could if I wanted to get the speakers to be 8 times louder than what I have it limited to and maybe it is at those levels that the 1500 would shine well about the 1000 that I had, and my experience is contained in just not listening to music loud enough.
Congrats on the actives ... I have the same configuration not because I thought I'd need 1500s but because Axiom had a deal on that package I could not pass up. There is no way I'd ever use even 1/2 that power ... even for a party unless perhaps if I was to setup outside for listeners 25-100' down the road ....

Of course there is the self fulfilling use case ... if you enjoyed them at 1/2 volume and lost your hearing ... you might need to go a little louder the next time smile