Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Ceiling Speakers for Atmos #437254 06/24/2020 4:22 PM
by PaulHa
PaulHa
Current setup is Denon 4311 with M80's for R/C/L (Emotiva amp powers these), QS8's for side surround, and on wall M3 in the rear surround plus two subs. I want to get the Denon 6700 AVR and add Atmos speakers to the ceiling. I have two bedroom Axiom M2(?) bookshelf speakers that will go on a ledge 11 ft. up and 6 st. to the left of the listening position. I am looking for recommendation for 4 ceiling speakers? The M3 in-ceiling speakers seem to be the only Axiom product and seem more than what I need and a little pricey? Thanks.
Liked Replies
Re: Ceiling Speakers for Atmos #437307 Jun 27th a 07:11 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
BTW, I also think your right on in-ceiling mono vs stereo. I can get some imaging in my dining room (9' ceilings) if sitting centered and surprisingly when standing. I might be able to place the speakers if I think about it but I seem to be able to ignore it at the same time.

In another thread, I concluded that in-ceilings are best for ambient sound where aesthetics are overriding factor. I still feel that way. There we also bought up the idea that the QS series might be the better speaker to use for ambient sound if the aesthetics supported it. So, If I was designing a restaurant SQ10s would be my first thought. Here, I'm really trying to figure out if the M3c is worth buying ... over say the less expensive in-ceilings I had in my last ATMOS setup (which BTW is an impossible comparison to do by memory)
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,487
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441