Thread Like Summary
Mojo, Rebulx
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Real wood satin issues #438663 10/07/2020 6:02 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
My real wood satin speakers seem to have no protective poly on them. Has anyone notice this? Does yours have a protective coat?

Also I think what ever change in MDF/wherever is more prone to denting (new ones seem lighter) ... think this maybe related the speakers which arrived with severely crush corners. What have you observed?

Have to treat them with white glove care otherwise they scratch or worse ... to the point that I dust the speaker and the bottom of any object place on them before putting it down. Especially carefull not to side anything.

My vinyl ones were not a problem in either respect.
Liked Replies
Re: Real wood satin issues #438887 Oct 10th a 10:32 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
Well, I guess I’m just a clumsy oaf smile
It just seemed to me that these speaker are a bit more fragile then I expected.
But now that I know I’m taking more care.
I’m not stacking speaker on each other anymore without some sort of protection between them.

(also there is more grime around since the HT is not finished ... which doesn’t help)
1 member likes this
Re: Real wood satin issues #438944 Oct 11th a 05:40 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
Also think that Axiom needs to make some packing changes. I'd try two things:

1) tape the straps down so the FedEx guys don't use them as handles. Think they get stretched and fall off in transit. Especially for the bigger speakers.

2) Cut out the foam to relieve the pressure on the edges at the top and bottom of the speaker. Think the FedEx guys toss the smaller boxes and slide and drop the bigger ones off of trucks. When they land on an edge or corner the speakers edge/corner gets most of the impact even in the foam. If the edge didn't touch anything the impact would be spread over the surface to the speaker.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441