Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
I might need some help! #439408 11/01/2020 6:50 AM
by Rebulx
Rebulx
So the other day my wife walked in the living room and asked if I had a problem... my name is Michael and I've been an audioholic for three months... lol

Needless to say, i've been pretty surprised at how well Axioms compare to other speakers. it's shocking when you buy speakers that cost more than twice as much and they either sound the same or worse! I have to say i've learned first hand of the audio perfection AXIOM has.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Liked Replies
Re: I might need some help! #439651 Nov 13th a 01:19 AM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Originally Posted by Mojo
I don't know anything scientific about the Surround: AI. Supposedly it analyzes "the scene" and dynamically "adjusts channels" to more properly image the sound. I don't know what is meant by "the scene" and "adjusts channels". Is a scene a frame? Does channel adjustment mean volume and tone? And what is the practical effect on a listener?

You may not hear the effect due to the topology of your speakers.

I am generally a "Let my Onk pick the decoder automatically" guy. There are times when I over-ride it though. Nora Jones - Live in New Orleans now sounds horrible in Dolby Digital. I switch it to stereo and it's more enjoyable. Even more enjoyable is PLII or Neo (those are simulated surround settings).

I'll just add in here that I am running 4.5. I have total holography. I see no need to go to Atmos. Stereo is absolutely magnificent and holographic also.

Edit: I just found this totally laughable article by Yamaha. What a piece of shit! I would have been totally embarrassed posting this. What this describes is what every multi-channel receiver has done since the dawn of time. Absolutely deplorable. I really despise technical writers who not only aren't technical but also cannot write. Joy Frye, take a hike. You're such a waste of time.

Then again, maybe Surround:AI is nothing but marketecture.

https://hub.yamaha.com/what-is-surroundai/

Read the article. May silence find her soon....
1 member likes this
Re: I might need some help! #439652 Nov 13th a 01:29 AM
by Mojo
Mojo
Joy Frye has made sure I will never buy a Yammie.
1 member likes this
Re: I might need some help! #439653 Nov 13th a 01:34 AM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I can read the graphs. No one that can would if buy one if the last graph was truly how a yamaha processed discrete channels.

Total rubbish.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup